Big Hill Reservoir

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ken_hawk, May 9, 2008.

1. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    I go to school at Pittsburg State and I'm thinking about organizing a trip to Big Hill Reservoir with my fraternity. Does anybody here fish in this area and if so how are the prospects for 15+ pound cats?

2. ret.1stsgt

ret.1stsgt New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Sorry to be so late with this but I can answer your question you can catch some nice cats in Big Hill res. but you are going to have to work hard for them & have a boat. just an ole retired 1st sgt. from Cherryvale,:big_smile:

3. ret.1stsgt

ret.1stsgt New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Ken if you fish Big Hill & have a map stop by my place in Cherryvale & I will show you some good fishing honey holes, stop by any place on the East end of Cherryvale & ask where The Huffmans live & they can tell you. E. Huffman :roll_eyes:

4. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    Ret.1stsgt, I fish Big Hill for bass and crappie, I'm just starting to go after flathead in BH. I have a boat,,,,Could you let me know where a few good places to start looking?? I know the lake pretty will from bass fishing but have no clue where to start for Flathead. Thanks.