Big Hill Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jbarnes17, Dec 23, 2007.

1. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Anyone been fishing Big Hill for crappie lately. Been thinking about going this week with the father-in-law and was just wondering if the crappie were biting.

2. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I heard they were catching a few the 1st of November but haven't heard anything lately. I just bought a big boat this past fall and plan on hitting it good this spring.

Do you fish it very often?? Where on the lake do you have the best luck catching crappie?

It is too cold for me to be out fishing this time of year.

3. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I have not fished Big Hill in years. My brother goes up there with his in-laws several times a year and always brings home a mess of crappie. I used to live close by to Big Hill when I was a kid but now I am about an hour away and was just thinking of making a trip up that way. Thanks for the info.

4. ret.1stsgt

ret.1stsgt New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Yes the crappie have been bitting at the docks the on t the parking lot by the dam & also the one at the overlook they are mall but tasty I have been catching them on white jigs & also yellow jigs about a foot off the bottom. Try the north east corner of both docks aso try the center of the dock at te overlook.I will probly see you there the goodLORD willing &the creeks don`t rise. EARL

5. ret.1stsgt

ret.1stsgt New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    The crappie are ot overly big & they are not hitting fast but you can catch some if you are not in a big hurry. I fish most every day but do notcatch crappie every day maybe one or two. Th weather is warming so they sould bite good if the weather holds. Ret. 1st sgt EARL

6. ret.1stsgt

ret.1stsgt New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    I just was`nt thinking stright yesterday if you fish out of a boat go north of Ray Bridge into the timber the crappie are bigger there. But then if yor father in law fishes at Big Hill he ould know were the crappie are at & if they are bitting. just an ole retired 1st sgt. Earl Huffman

7. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We are still catching a few but it has gotton quite a bit slower the last few weeks.Still catching a few at timber hill but not much size to them at all.