Big Guns

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Cattoo, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i have been on a search for a 12/0 hook that i didnt have to take out a loan to buy for quite some time now. i finally found one. it's a mustad "big gun" 12/0. i had to get them from some guy in australia on ebay. i got a box of 25 for $ 18.00. these hooks are sweet! the gap between the point and shaft isnt much bigger than the 9/0 eagle claws i use but the big difference is how deep the bend is. you can put one heck of a chunk of bait on and still have plenty of hook sticking out for better penetration. they have a very slick finish also and are some of the sharpest hooks out of the box i have ever seen. like i said i had to get them off ebay. i went to mustads website and they didnt even list them in 12/0. 9/0 is the biggest i could find anywhere else. here is a pick of one next to a milk top.

Attached Files:

2. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Now thats what i call a hook. I figure you could land jaws with that thing..If you get lucky

3. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Heck of a hook! The only problem is the pink skim milk cap...yuk, give me 2% or whole anyday before that stuff.

I'll keep my eye out and see if there is better availabiltiy for those hooks other than ebay.

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice hooks... might have to get me some.....

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Now thats some kind of hook:cool2:

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's the BOMB! What a hook! I asume you're not Bream fishing.

7. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I believe I had a dream about the hook that I fell in love with one night. I believe that is the hook that I had imagined :lol: I may have to get me some of those.

8. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Arent those the same hooks that people use to suspend themselves from the ceiling?