Big game

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by bowfin, Apr 8, 2007.

1. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I put some 20 pound biggame the green kind on my rods and have had the line break three times with me.Its breaks when I try to make a castand if you look at the line in some places it just dont look right.Has anybody hade problems with the biggame?

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    David I've always used Berkley big game and never had a problem. Sounds to me like you've got some bad line.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Call/e-mail the company and let them know.Give them the # off the spool.They will hook you up.They gave me a super sized roll of my choice for my trouble.
    Hope this helps!!!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I totally agree with this post.You have got some bad line. Contact Berkley they will replace it.:big_smile:

5. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well I found a 2600 spool of Big Game Solor 20#. and put it on 3 of our reels. Been using Stren Original clear blue. Will get to try it out next week. Its BG is not as limp as the Stren.
    Walter

6. fishallday927

fishallday927 New Member

State:
    illinois
    have u burned the line?sometimes when u burn teh line it gets weak at other places in the spool idk why but it does

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Its not very limber at first.Please don't give up on it at first...After a couple hours to a day or 2 it'll straighten up and you'll love it.I felt the same way about my 30#. Just give it a couple days...

8. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Original Strene is a better cold weather line than BG but is too soft to be good line for bottom fishing as it frays easily.BG seems to me like more of a coil spring in the winter than fishing line.Like Strene for casting artificial bait.Have BG on one reel and will replace it with Ande or Silver Thread.Haven't tried Silver Thread in cold weather so don't know what it is like then.
    Jake

9. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I use Big Game on most all of my rods and have no problem with it like that. I am sure Berkley would replace it for free if you contact them. Please keep us informed on what they say if you do call them. Thanks.

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you can contact customer service at 1800-491-4253, or at www.purefishing.com, or if you care to write...purefishing, 1900 18th.st. spirit lake IA 51360-1099. i would definetely contact them. i have been using big game for a few years and have had no problems. im sure they will take care of you.:smile2:

11. lobo

lobo New Member

State:
    ks
    if your guides on your rod are ceramic they might have a chip in it my boys rod last year did the line broke on 3 fish before he found out why

12. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Where is it breaking at? Knot, off the reel spool? middle of rod??

I was having a problem with breakoff when I set the hook.. THought I had bad spool of line.. Found out my Beads were two small. Got to looking at how they rode on the knot and figured out they were "pinching" the knot... (THANKS to all the replys here when I posted about it) ...

Since then, not one problem with BG ... I use 20 and 30" btw..