big game rods

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by t-roy, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-roy

t-roy Member

State:
    va
    for sale three berkley big game rods. all are 6'6" and med heavy action. all in good shape. 12.50 ea shipped or all three for 30.00 shipped. thanks t-roy

2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Have you looked into how much it will cost you to ship them?? It may cost you more than you're selling the rods for. Fishing rods are really expensive to ship. You may want to get a handle on that before you commit to selling to someone here.

3. t-roy

t-roy Member

State:
    va
    i am aware that shipping is expensive. i have checked into this. if i can sell them for what it costs me to ship them then so be it. at least i know that they are going to be fished with and not setting at the bottom of some landfill going to waste. i appreciate your concern but this is like the third or fourth time someone has told me about this. the others sent thier messages pm and i replied back via pm. you put it up here for everyone to see so i figured i would answer you the same way. i didnt relise i was going to have to explain why i was selling my own tackle so cheaply to the entire board. im not trying to get over on anybody i just want the tackle to go to others that love catfishing. im sorry if i have affended you or anyone else with this issue but it just hit me wrong. i thought i would be able to help some brothers and sisters the way i have been helped out over the years. it is called paying it forward. t-roy

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I don't think Mark meant any offense to that. I think he was just offering a suggestion to help keep you from losing money on them or making a deal you would regret. I think he was paying it forward with that post too.

But I commend you on wanting to help a fellow fisherman out. Try posting on your local state board on here. Somebody close would probably be willing to take them off your hand. Good luck with the sale and thanks again!

5. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    most of the things posted is for the purpose of constructive criticism. dont take offense brother. that is a great thing you are doing, and the same with the brothers offering you and others some advice. thats what this site is about. helping each other.

on another note, they are good rods and if i fished the shorties i would be interest, but i like an 8 foot plus rod for my applications. you shouldnt keep them long.

6. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    What's the line rating in # on those rods?..:laugh1:

7. t-roy

t-roy Member

State:
    va
    the line rating is 10 to 30 lb.

8. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I'll take them. I'll send a pm with details.

9. fireman6x9

fireman6x9 New Member

State:
    Phenix Cit
    Aww MAN! I would have been all over these, but oh well. Someone beat me to it. Great deal and good buy.

10. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Keep watching you might get another shot at them. I say I'll take them at 8am this morning, I get a PM a little while ago that he might have them sold but he'll let know if they don't go. I passed on some rods earlier today because I was planning on having these. I told him that I'm not going to wait and see if they sell or not. It's common courtesy to make a post saying that an item is sold or "pending". That way people know they should look elsewhere. JMHO.

11. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That's cool, I didn't mean anything negative. I just didnt want to see you commit to selling and not realize they were so expensive to ship. dont let your panties get all bunched up. I have several of those rods. they're about the best commercially bought store rods you can find.

12. t-roy

t-roy Member

State:
    va
    yea its all cool. it just was alot of the same thing coming at me. shipping can be expencive if you dont keep the size down on the box. sorry to have gotem all in a wad. t-roy

13. t-roy

t-roy Member

State:
    va
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.