Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Big Flatheads on the Saluda

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  bigcatman0001 
#1 ·
Had a huge night on the Saluda River Friday night starting the night off with a 34 pound flathead and ending it with a 47 pounder my personal best !!! (see avatar. And off course all I had was my cell phone camera otherwise I wouldn't have caught it, but they were both safely released to be caught another day !!:smile2:

#2 ·
I had no idea there were flatheads in the Saluda, but then the only part of the river I know is the cold stuff down in Cola by the Riverbanks Zoo. Used to catch some stripers and a few channel cats there.

Wherre about are you fishing? Up by Lake Greenwood?

Congrats on some great fish!

#8 ·
Hey sounds like you had your self a fun time and a blast and it sounded like you caught a very nice flathead that picture looks like a good fish congrats on your catch and I wish you luck on many more fishing trips to come.

Thanks Matt We tried again last night, just couldt resist and only caught 2 small cats, but we just had to try.

#13 ·
The closest ramp is called angels landing it is in the middle of knowhere on a gravel road, but harris landing is the next clsest it is alot nicer and has deep water the other is shallow. I think the name of the road is harris bridge road it is near Cornaca.
How's it going im from greenwood(is what you calling angels landing souls harbor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.