Big Flatheads in Kanapolis Lake, Kansas?

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by retired stump jumper, Mar 10, 2006.

1. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    I have some friends that live in Hutch. & some in Salina & they keep telling me of rummers they hear abut some mity big flats that is being caught in Kanopolis lake in the last week or two does anybody know anything about it. I`m not sure it is`nt just a roomer, but as warm as ithas been this winter I guess it could be so. has any body else herd any thing.

2. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I grew up in McPherson down there and still have family there. I heard over the years that some good size kitty's have been pulled out of there. I have fished it over the years and have always been able to catch some nice eaters (1-5#'s). Haven't heard anything about this year though.

3. wantingthebigone

wantingthebigone New Member

State:
    Kansas
    There is a guy from here that catches them like its nothing out of the back waters of kanopolis. he catches atleast a 40-60 pound fish EVERY time he goes out. he's alot older than me and has alot more knowledge about it but the past couple of years i have been taking notes in my head from him listening to every little detail he has to say. but he doesn't start fishing until his birthday and thats in april. but my uncle told me he caught a 20 pounder a couple weeks ago at kanopolis.