Big flathead taken from Colorado River?

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by thunderchicken, May 1, 2007.

1. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Turner's Outdoors is reporting that there was a 72 pound flathead taken from the Colorado River just below Blythe, Ca. this past week. Anyone hear or know anything about it?

:cool2:

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I posted that Turners report last Thursday but for some reason it was deleted twice. I read another report that gave the name of the guy that caught it and remember he was from Ca. but I don't recall where it was posted.
    A bunch of Boc members will be on the river in the Blythe area this week so there should be some good reports next week.

3. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    I read the dude who landed it was from banning.Anyone see a pic of that monster yet?I was there last week but my biggest flat for 4 nights was only 15lbs.Slow for me,but hopefully the boc gathering will see some big ones.
    Billy.

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    that guy should check fish closer. it was tagged. know it was cause my name was on it. :angry: glad to hear the big ones are stating to bite again. luey and i will be at blythe sat morning early to find our spot. never fished river there, so will be a adventure for us. double as he's never camped. i'm sure between myself and all the old salts there, he will be a old hand at this by sunday.
    gary