Big Flathead....Plate, Fork, and knife!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Mar 13, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Things are a little stagnant on the site today. This outta get em going! :smile2: rollo

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah I hear you Rollo....nothing like sitting down to a 60# Flathead for supper.:smile2:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nothing like cutting through 5 pounds of belly meat! who cares if it weighs 60-80 pounds.. the big ones are better eating, and we need to let all the little ones grow up:eek:oooh::smile2::cool2:rollo

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ain't that what cpr is all about??? getting all the big ones out so the little ones can grow up?:big_smile:

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    LOL ... sounds good to me ... are we going to deep fry or oven roast it .... When I was in Florida I used to tell the "tree huggers" I worked with to come out to my place for a party and food ... when they would ask what I was having to eat I would tell Deep fried Manatee ... None of the ever came and many hated me from then on (thank God) ........ Garry- :smile2:

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Yummy,,,Yummy,,,Yummy!!!!!!:crazy::wink::smile2:

7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    sound good what time?????

8. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    you guys are killing me!

9. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    save the whales!

10. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    and eat the dolphins

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You midwesterner's taste buds are warped! You guys are used to eating freshwater fish and think it's good. I on the otherhand, live where fresh seafood is readily available. I have easy access to tasteful fish from the ocean like black seabass, grouper, tuna, and striped bass. Once you eat ocean fish o a more regular basis, you will see the difference in fresh vs salt.

I harvested a flathead I caught in Santee Cooper last year, it tasted like horse manure!

12. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Lived in La. a good part of my life, sea food was readily available. I'll still take a flathead or a gar over saltwater fish any day

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I have my favorite from both. I like a halibut or yellowtail but a bluegill or a salmon will do just as well. I just call them brother from another, Hushpuppies and hot sauce works on both.