Big flathead catfish gets me out of speeding ticket!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by catchinghogs, Jul 16, 2006.

1. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Fished above lock four on the Monongahela last night and a nice flathead got me out of a speeding ticket.The local tackle shop around my house has fish contests every month with every month being a different species of fish. July is catfish couldnt fish my normal spot with the high water so went to another hole you can fish in high water.Caught six flatheads with the biggest being 20 and a half pounds and a 9 pounder and four fish between 3 and 5 pounds.The owner of the tackle shop always tells me if I get a big one bring it in. So far this month the biggest fish was at nine pounds.So i decide to take the fish and transport it closer to home kept water in the cooler just in case.It is about a twenty minute ride back to where I wanted to tie the fish up so I decide to try to cut some of that time off and going through one little town I see the reds and blues turn on So I quickly pull over and the police officer asks for my license and registration and I hand it to him and tell him I'm sorry I'm in such a hurry I have a big fish in the trunk Im trying to get to the river.The officer tells me if I open the trunk and there is a big fish in there he will let me go. I open up the trunk and show him the fish and he is total amazment and starts laughing and tells me to get out of there and have a good night.Tied the fish up about 2 AM and read the sunday paper till the tackle shop opened weighed the fish and released him back to fight another day. Here is some pics.

Attached Files:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very nice fish brother, congrats on the fish. I have used many excuses to try and get out of a ticket and this is sure a new one. LMAO Glad you was a CPR guy and it sounds like the officer may of been too.

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Here is a couple more pics this one flathead looked like something tried to bite it.

Attached Files:

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    You told him the truth and he respected you for that and cut you a break. I have followed this unspoken rule many a time when it comes to citations. Glad you got out of the ticket and real glad you caught some nice flats. Good day all around.:big_smile:

5. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Great story! Hey, that pic of the bite mark looks real to me!
    I would bet that it got that during spawning...
    Got to close to a big flatty nest!

6. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Great story and great fish!!!!!

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats on the nice Flatties Mark! The speeding ticket story is a classic! I don't know how you stayed awake so long after being out all night Friday, I know I was beaten down. Thanks for posting the pics.:0a31: I hope you win the contest! What is the prize for winning?

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Very cool story & nice fish!

9. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Congrats on some nice fish

10. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Great Fishing!!

I too got pulled over one time due to my wife, Mrs. Baitkiller gettin her first and her PB Flathead.

My guess is no ticket for me due to havin an Ohio CCW Permit. Ya have to tell them up front here in Ohio when they come in contact with you.

11. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Thats an awesome catch, and what a story haha thats great

12. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    hey great lookin fish.

13. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Thanks for the pics and you met the right officer. Did you swap fish stories? lmao

14. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thats one heck of a fish tale!!! Good fish and that was one decent officer!

Aaron

TA2D

15. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mark, great catch brother, I'll bet old John(Arlington) would have given you a ticket ,and the fish would have been evidence. (on his dinner table)..........hehehe

16. swampthang_matt

swampthang_matt New Member

State:
    georgia
    man that was some luck if that would have been me i would have got a ticket i might have to carry a cat fish with me.
    :wink:

17. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Talk about a golden horseshoe! Bet you're married to a fashion model, too. LOL :big_smile:

18. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Nice Flattie, and what a story.

SudDawg

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wow Great fish,thanks for sharing!:smile2:

20. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good job, you handled that just right. Good fishin', Jack.