Big fish in your avatar

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    :sad2: ok, i have let this go long enough. i am sick of seeing all these big fish in avatars. i have fished for many years, and never caught a cat on rod and reel over 6/7 lbs......:embarassed: i am confident that you people that have those pics know how to use photoshop:lol:

everytime i see one of those pics i turn green.............isn't it just as hard, if not more so, to catch the smallest fish?:wink:

let's start downsizing some of these pics before i have to complain to the admins:lol:

2. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    :lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol: I am just as green as you brother Iv never caught a catfish over 5 lbs yet, but I trust they are real photos. just makes me more anxious to get out there and get one of my own

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's exactly why I removed the fish picture from my avatar already. Don't want anybody to get a complex.lol. Also, I think that visitors should have to sign up in order to view giant catfish photos. JMHO. Avatars are supposed to make the BOC a friendlier place, and give US a face to relate to. Can't recognize you by your fish if I show up to a gathering either. Just a thought. This was politely pointed out to me by other members, so now you get to see ME and only me. Oh yeah, and my fish were real. Not a hondred pounds though, so you probably weren't refferring(sp?)to me.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I had to change mine also.I don't think I really ever caught those fish.I think it was all just a long,strange dream I had.Not sure if I ever really went fishing...Maybe it never happened...Not sure???

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    John you need to tell the Doc to lighten up on your prescriptions buddy!:tounge_out: ...LOL:lol: :lol:

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well the one decent fish I have a picture of is in my avatar. But I plan on catching a catfish so big to replace it Phil that it will even make me green when I look at it LOL

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I Feel your pain Phil.:lol:

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    This has got to be the silliest thread I have ever seen, LOL!!!

Phil, you should be ashamed of yourself, ROTFLMAO!!!

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    The fish in this persons avatar was stolen. The man came up and offered the little boy candy and when he was distracted he snatched the fish. This man is extremely dangerous so take caution when approaching LOL PS last seen roaming the ohio river for unsuspecting anglers LOL

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm confused now...:confused2: You all are sayin 1 thing,,,the voices in my tackle box are sayin sumthin totally different...Which way did he go? :lol: :tounge_out: :wink:

11. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota

Either that or just share.:lol:

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

Darn it Phil! I was just waiting for this year to get my giant cat pic up and now you ruined it for me. Just being me though, I am quick to comply so as not to embarrass a brother.

13. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Its silly allright, thats why you and i have posted on it twice---you to Johnny boy---now who is silly??:lol:

14. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I feel the same way as you Phil...LMAO.:roll_eyes: :tounge_out:

15. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Oh Phil Quit whining and go catch Me some more Bait...:lol:

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    OK Phil,

If I use the Photo below as new my avatar photo, will you be my friend again?
    LoL:happy:

"I would like to - But that's not going to happen Buddy"! :wink:
    LoL:happy:

Take it easy Buddy,
    Bert:cool2: Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

Attached Files:

17. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    To whom it may concern, I truly did catch the fish in my avatar on May 1st 1999. It is only a fraction of what I hope to put in there someday. And I will put the world record in my avatar. EAT YOU HEARTS OUT! He He He

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

19. bluekatcher

bluekatcher New Member

State:
    illinois
    I dont no how to use photo shop, heck I dont even know how to print.... But I am learning how to fish..... We had a heck of a week that week. I actually caught a 60lber, my personal best, the first day we found the spot and didnt have the camera. We did the next day. If I could figure out how to post pics I would show you the rest of the pics. We ended up catching around 1500 lbs of fish in 5 days on rod and reel. We caught 68 one day in a 5 hour period. The most fun I have ever had. We are talking one rod and that was all you could handle... No lie. The best time ever....
    Got my father in on it and it was like taking a little kid, that nocked about 40 years off of him that day... it was great. I would tell ya how to catch fish like that but then I would have to kill ya.... lol....

20. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Well you caught me Phil. The fish in my avatar is really an 6 inch bullhead :roll_eyes: