Big fight coming up.

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by PhillyCatcatcher4, Feb 11, 2008.

1. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Anyone have any info on the Kimbo Slice fight this weekend? :tounge_out:

2. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Who's he fightin??

3. Flat_Cat

Flat_Cat New Member

State:
    Higginsville, MO
    All I've heard is that he is fighting Tank Abbot

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I don't know why they matched him up with Tank? Probably because he's just a brawler with no real MMA skills. Tank was good at one time but he's probably not in the shape he needs to be for this fight. Tank will have to knock him out in the first 2 minutes or he's gonna be out of gas I think.

They should put him in there with Gonzaga or Couture and see what happens. Maybe Kimbo and Brock Lesnar??? :big_smile:

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I think Kimbo & Lesnar would be a better fight!!!

6. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree. Tank Abbot is way past his prime.

7. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    Tank just got KOed in the first round. I didn't get the time but it was a very short fight. Kimbo is a heavy handed man! That is no doubt.
    Thanks Philly! If it was not for this post I would have missed it...

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  9. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    have any oof you checked out his street fight videos on youtube? kimbo is a bad man!!!!!

10. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Wow!!! Kimbo rocked him hard! Tank took some hard shots though before that last one:crazy:! I'd like to see Kimbo fight someone with a really hard head like Mark Hunt. That would be a good fight!

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    He's a bad street fighter, no doubt, but he has been beat and I still don't think he's been matched against anyone good in the octagon. I want to see him fight a real fighter ...Mir, Silva, Gonzaga, Arlovski... I still say him and Lesnar would have the world watching.....

12. thebig1

thebig1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    kimbo was sharp man. never seen him fight b4. u can see the fight on mmatko.com

13. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi

Lesnar would take him. Frank Mir barely beat him as it is and hes an experienced fighter. Lesnar would take kimbo to the ground where he wouldnt wanna be. Nothing against Kimbo cus hes a big mofo just how itd prolly happen. Never know thou MMA is unpredictable.

14. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kimbo almost took tank abbots head off with some of those punches. Put him in the ring with Brock Lesnar and it would definetely be a good fight. Anbody with a ground game like Nogueira would pick kimbo apart, I beleive.

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i sure as heck wouldnt want to get stung by a shot going for his legs though. may be the first and last thing they would remember about the fight. hes got fists of iron.

16. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I think Kimbo VS Silva would be good. Silva's fight on the Kimbo/Tank undercard was boring.:wink:

17. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Those videos are awesome.:cool2:

18. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    i think any fight lesnar is in will be a good fight after the lesnar vs mir fight WOW !! lesnar is going to be BIG in UFC once he gets his jujitsu down.

19. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    After the fight kimbo mentioned that he would like to fight mike tyson,then who larry holmes or george foreman? He needs to train and get in there with some quality opponents then we`ll see how bad he really is.Having bas rutten as his trainer will definately help but kimbo should stop messing around with has beens and step up his competition.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

well ya gotta start some where and tanks interview he said he was gonna plant one between kimbos eyes and he should stop beating up kids at the boatyard. has been or not ide want to kick his a$$ too if he was saying crap like that, and thats exactly what kimbo did. lol.

someone said he wouldnt want to be on the ground??? kimbo has learned ground skills. who says he cant fight on ground???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UcmIQ4xLrY

ever see this. ray mercer went to the ground via kimbo.?? no ground skills????kimbo took him down easy. better watch some more videos.

and look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13d56VYFvqs

smashed a mui ti fighter and kickboxer.

ill tell ya what ide bet kimbo on kimbo vs ortiz anyday. hes one tough dude. and in a few of those backyard brawls he bobed and weaved some punches like a cat.