Big East Football

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by rosscatman, Sep 24, 2007.

1. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The Buckeyes are my number one team but how about those Cincinnati Bearcats cracking the ap top 25 for the first time in 31 years and your thoughts on the rest of the big east?

2. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I personally feel the Big East is awsome. Not just because I'm a WVU fan, but because they've really made something out of nothing. Everyone thought they'd fall off the map after loosing Miami and BC, but instead they've become better. I know many will disagree, but think they're right up there with the rest. On the other hand, Louisville is still making me scratch my head.

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Not hopping on that Big East bandwagon yet. They got some great teams, but I think you put any of them up against most of the SEC teams and they'd be in deep trouble.

SudDawg

4. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I feel the Big East is on the come up. I was watching USF last week and was impressed. The commentator mentioned their football program is only 10 years old, and the school has one of the biggest student populations in the nation. I think it will be interesting to see this program take off in the next few years. WVU vs. USF Friday night on ESPN......should be an interesting game. On the other hand..........Michigan 14 Penn St. 9...............GO Blue!!!!!

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    how about them raging bulls? did anyone watch the game Friday night?

6. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Yes I did unfortunately. lol. USF if no joke. Big East has 3 undefeated teams left. Out of the 3, USF has the best chance to stay that way. Don't think it'll ever happen though, they just have too many tough games left. I'm waiting for Louisville to wake up and take out one of the 3.

7. suddawg

suddawg New Member

And down goes Rutgers...

Suddawg

8. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The Bearcats got Rutgers in Nj this week with rutgers coming off a lost.I guess we will see if the Bearcats deserve there #20 ranking.USF looks like a helluva team also.

9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i feel bad for wvu and pat white since he is from my own town but...

south florida is on fire. i am not nearly as disapointed in my Au tigers for losing to them now.

i still feel like the sec is the toughest in the nation. unfortunately it is hard to tell because on any given sat. anyone can beat everyone.

10. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Matt Boilerman I agree we havent heard the last of Louisville.

11. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    If you go w/the current AP poll, I'd say SEC and PAC10 are looking the best. Big East would be very close in my opinion since they only have 8 teams. That's just going by the current AP poll, which doesn't mean much if you ask me. Tell me how WVU dropped to #13, but Florida and Oklahoma are #9 & 10. WVU lost without P. White to #18 who are now #6 and the Gators & Sooners lost to unranked teams who are still unranked. Even worse yet, the USA Today has Florida at #7 above SF, who beat Auburn who beat Florida. Look at Texas, they got the hardest hit and they played a team now ranked. That doesn't make any sense if you ask me. If you watched the games, it's clear that the WVU/SF game had the best defense played. Anyway, WVU lost it's chance at the big game, but maybe SF will get lucky. Lucky, they'll need a whole lot of it to go undefeated in the Big East. At the end of the year, the BCS poll is the only one that matters. The best we can get now is one of the BCS bowls, but the way our offensive line played, we may loose a couple more before it's over.

12. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    If I'm not mistaken, the Bearcats beat the Rutgers last year. It may not be too far out of reach for them to repeat.

13. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Some exciting games today.Big wins for the bearcats ,south florida and WV.Man louisville has got some definate player problems.

14. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Your right about Louisville. What happened to them anyway? Their first game of the season was like 73-10, I know it wasn't a tough team, but wow 73 pts. I thought they were gonna be a strong team this year. They're still putting up big #'s. Brohm set a Louisville record with close to 600 passing yards and still lost to Syracuse. What happened to their defense? Did they loose all of their starters or what?

That was a big win for Cincy. That game could of went either way at the end. I thought the Rutgers had it going enough to pull if off. Nice interception for the Bearcats.

How about that Connecticut team? The Huskies are 5-0. They have a good chance at 7-0. Then they start playing real fb.

SF should move to #4 today. WVU should improve to 9 or 10. I look for the Bearcats to break 15. Rutgers will probably drop out. Connecticut may slide in there next week if they win over VA. Big East has a good chance of having 5 of their 8 teams in the top 25 before the end of the season.

The Big East is showing everyone that they can play defense.

15. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I wasn't too far off. SF#5, WV#8, Cincy#15. I'm happy with that, because I'm suprised they dropped USC down to 10. BCS poll should be out soon, next week I think. I'm interested to see where we're at on that. Looks like the top 6 are all from different conferences. When's the last time that's happened?

16. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It stands to reason the top schools would be from different conferences. They haven't played each other, otherwise one would have a loss and not be in the top six. LOL

17. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    LOL, one would think that wouldn't they. Nothing stands to reason this year in College FB. I love it.

18. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm a huge Buckeye fan, but since I have a kid going to UC this year I've been following them... gotta admit - the UC game last nite was more exciting than the Buckeye's... I started out just flipping to UC/Rutgers during commercials, but by halftime I had completely reversed myself...

We were spozed to go down next weekend to watch them play Lousiville, but that and the WVU games (and probably more) are all sold out...

Now, if I can just get my kid going to Bowling Green to transfer....

19. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    WV Defense ranked 6th in the nation. What is SF, I'm sure there up there too. WTG Big East. Who said they can't play D?

20. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho

You know, one of the funniest things about the reporters who vote in the AP poll, and to an extremely large extent the coaches in their poll, is these people don't even have to watch one single game over a weekend and their vote is still recorded. Like the guy from New Orleans last year who voted OU down quite a bit in the poll and when question said "I thought OU lost" - they didn't. LOL And some coaches have the graduate assistant fill out and submit their vote. So, as I have said before, these polls don't mean a thing. Not one thing.