Big deer or big flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by flathunter, Jul 21, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you could catch just one what wopuld it be..Shoot a state typical whitetail deer..Or catch a state record flathead, or blue catfish..I deer hunt and fish, but for me it would be no doubt the catfish!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I too would take fishing over hunting anyday. I enjoy them both but IMO fishing is tops.

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Ive been hunting and fishing just about my hole life Id love to get that monster white tail or mulie but to beat that 121 pound state record blue will always be my dream

4. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Deer hunting in Ohio is too cold for these old bones. I'll go for the big fish.:smile2:

5. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I want both, but I'd rather have the flathead & blue records

6. Greg32

Greg32 New Member

State:
    Northeast Kansas
    Seeing as I don't hunt, gimme the State record fish, with a side order of world record. Hold the PETA comments. Can I get that to go please? Oh and a x-large Dr Pepper and 2 milky way bars frozen.

I don't want much do I?

Greg

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I would say deer if I got to shoot it with the Muzzeloader that I got when my grandpa passed away. That would bring up alot of great memories and be something that I could tell my kids and grandkids in the future.

8. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Either, if your granting wishes just surprise me.

9. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i would take the deer but the fish is a real close second.

10. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Couldn't say it better myself.

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Not to many years ago if asked that question I would have said deer but now I would have to go with state record Blue.

12. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jack, that is a very tough choice. Need to think about that one.

13. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Deer are too easy.............................. I'll take the big flatty or blue!!

14. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I will have to go with a big ole moss back buck, then the next day I'd go back huntin. If I got em with my bow that would be even better.:004:

15. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    why cant we have both and i can put one back......in the water. i dont know about the deer being too easy. i do feel like there is a state record blue and flat in most of the lakes around me but a state record buck in far and few in between around here.

16. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I would take the flat head because I know it would mean a lot to my grandfather. and that would be the best possible memory ever!!!

17. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I dont hunt so i would take the fish even if i did hunt it would still be the fish.

18. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Well I hit a 12 point buck in my car 2 years ago and killed it. I have never hit a 30 pound plus flathead with my car or boat so I would say the flathead would be more elusive and that's what I'd go with.

"My brother-in-law is an avid hunter. He told me once that a deer was a very elusive animal. I looked at him and said 'I hit two in my van last year. If you are having trouble shooting one slow your bullet down to 55 MPH, put a horn and headlights on it and the deer will actually jump in front of the bullet.'" Ron White :lol:

19. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I'll take the deer, you can eat the meat and and hang the rack, the catfish would be gone when I got thru (a long time) eating.:lol:

20. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    You got to go for the deer, you only get to hunt for part of the year, but you can fish all year long, so thumbs up for the buck.