Big catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Hogdogtod, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Hogdogtod

Hogdogtod New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone caught any big cats or heard of anyone catching a big one yet? They've got to be getting hungry.

2. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    There is no cat storys being told up my way because the river is to high .And this warm weather has got everybody panfishing.

3. drcatfish14

drcatfish14 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Everyone's catching the panfish, not talked to anyone fishing for cats

4. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    I'll let you know next Tuesday if we have luck this weekend. Going down to the secret spot with my brother. Scott Wiseman, you know the spot I'm talking about. I've got my fingers crossed!

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    im guilty of the panfish thing myself.

good luck at the spot eric!

6. bluesclues

bluesclues New Member

State:
    Indiana
    River to high but if the weather holds out this weekend i will be hitting it hard and im not talking panfish...LOL!!! :0a22:

7. catdaddy26

catdaddy26 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am getting ready to go should be ready before the middle of april.

8. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We've been hitting Brookville Res. pretty hard for the last week. The bite has been pretty soft, you have to let them play with it quite awhile before you hook them up. But we've taken some pretty fair numbers, but as is fairly normal at Brookeville, the biggest we've taken is just under 10lbs.

9. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    just the ones that i caught last month pics are in the Ind. river talk river has been to high here to get out going to be down next week so im going to get out then good luck to you all

10. River Man7

River Man7 New Member

State:
    IN
    Been hittting the pan fish my self and a little turkey scouting on the side!! Just waiting for the water levels to drop!! If it would quit raining:crazy: !!

11. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    I don't know about big ones, but I do know a guy who owns his own bait shop on the Tippecanoe below oakdale dam, and as of Satuday he had caughten 73 channels since the previous Monday. He showed me some of them he had in his horse trough. They were all really nice eaters from 16 to 24 inches!

12. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    There was a 49 pound blue cout tonight on the Neuse

13. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Well we out on friday from 5pm till 8am on saturday. Got skunked myself, but my brother caught two flatties, one a 7# and the other 9#. A guy we know down there pulled in a 60# blue from the Ohio just outside Louisville on Thursday night and it made for a nice picture, he was sure proud and rightfully so. Said he was fishing 6' of water in a small inlet just out of the current. I did see a couple of bobcats get in a fight right before daybreak, scared the heck out of me! Talk about a cat fight!:wink:

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Tod, I should be posting sometime this month, (APRIL). We have warmer than normal water temps, and I'm just a tad better than most bears. LOL

15. bluesclues

bluesclues New Member

State:
    Indiana
    crosley I was fishing for crappie Sunday and low and behold I caught a 5.5lb. channel on mohawk. It was a fight of a life time with an ultrlight rod and reel and 4lb. line. He was a keeper but I didnt catch anything else to go with him so I let him go. There is more where he is and another time for it.:0a22: Crank hard but dont forget the drag!!!