Big CatFish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by SmokinBarrel, May 20, 2009.

1. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Question: Do you need to access shallow waters to find/catch big catfish?

The reason I ask, is because I am wanting to purchase a new boat and that could influence my decision.

For instance, if I choose a Pro Cat 240 Sea Ark, then I may want to consider flotation pods on the back.

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    First off Welcome to the BOC. As for Catching big fish I caught the one in my avitar in about 5 to 7 foot on a flat on the Mo river. I have caught big fish in 40 ft of water and caught 15 to 20 lb fish in 2 ft of water. The point is the time of year and every day can be different. I anchor in water deep enough for my boat and cast rods form shallow to deep water. The when I figure out where ther are then concentrate on that. Choose the boat that you will be more comfortable with. I know that there will be a lot more good info on this post take it all in and decide what is best for you not someone else. Good luck brother.

Tom

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Dennis. My 24 foot sea ark will float in a foot and a half of water. I can even trim up the motor and ease along in a foot and a half. So if you want a sea ark get what ever you want. You really dont need to get in to that shallow of water to catch fish. Now trying to find shad is another deal altogether.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Dennis.

5. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Welcome to the BOC

6. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC, Dennis. That pro cat is gonna get you everywhere you need to be for big cats on the big rivers and lakes. The only areas I would think you might be restricted would be running up the really small feeder creeks...etc.