Big Catfish - Where At In Buggs Island (virgina)?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by coonskinner88, Mar 14, 2006.

1. coonskinner88

coonskinner88 New Member

State:
    VA
    Where do i need to go in buggs island to catch some big cats now....i was thinkin the mouth of the dan but last weekend couldnt get to it cause it was so shallow... what should i look for in a spot to fish this time of year....im used to fishin durring the summer but want to go catch some now..any info will help

2. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Try the rt. 58 bridge in Clarksville.

3. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    this time of year i would try next to Dan Daniels park in danville. You can catch blues there all the time. Then in the summer i fish for flatheads near the new bridge up next to the damns. Across from Dan River Fabrics.

4. coonskinner88

coonskinner88 New Member

State:
    VA
    so i should look for deep holes? ledges? drop offs?

5. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been fishing 35 to 40 ft deep. check around buoy 19. I marked a bunch of fish there.cought few in the teens.Also around Grassy Creek 35 to 50 ft there good luck. 1bigblue

6. spotlighter

spotlighter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    man u need to get to that buoy 19 cause thats where i been catching em at

7. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been out of town for a week. I cought a few at 19. Has it gotten better? I'm going to try to go this weekend. Is thr bait still around Occonneche? What was your best fish? Drop me a line 1bigblue

8. bigtimingcats69

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    where at in grassy creek do u try catfishing i went there this weekend and caught a bunch of crappie obviously thats what i was trying to do but i had a catfish pole out too. Also where is this bouy 19 at is it around grassy creek. Sorry but this weekend was my first time there. It was great!! Thanx

9. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    if you come out of grassy creek into the main channel go left, and look for the buoy's, keep going until you see one with 19 on it, it's not far from grassy.
    Good Luck.
    Mike

10. bigtimingcats69

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    thanx bass cat ill check it out !! How have u been doing so far this year? Where do u think the best place to go is?

11. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    I havent been doing very good recently, went yesterday and only caught 1 blue bout 10 lbs, Good bait was hard to come by, biggest i could find was bout 6", but had about 2 dozen, Caught them in back of sandy creek, in about 2 ft of water. I fished from the pump house - the rivers..
    Maybe next trip will be better.
    Mike