Big catfish in Kentucky

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by eagle22, Apr 3, 2007.

1. eagle22

eagle22 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've fished a little the past 2 months. I have not had any luck catching big cats. Are there big cats on Kentucky (30-40lbs)? If so, where do we need to go to catch them pretty consistantly. Do you recommend the main channel (Tennessee River) or somewhere else. If so, do you recommend down by paris, blood river, or johnathan creek? Please help? I need for my mom to catch one before it is to late. Thanks.

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Jason, I see you are from Missouri, have you tried the Mississippi or Missouri rivers or Lake of the Ozarks and Truman? Seems to me there are plenty of big cats in Missouri.

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    jason maybe you should get a hold of dankitch , walter did and caught his personal best from the ohio river at henderson

4. eagle22

eagle22 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Charles and Walter,

Hey guys. Thanks for replying. I do fish these rivers. I catch big fish there. However, I just bought a place on Kentucky lake and I was wondering if there were big cats there.

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Do you like to eat the big cats ? Just wondering, There are big cats in most of the big rivers around you and in the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers in Tennessee. The ohio hold big cats also.

6. HEAVYSETDOOBER

HEAVYSETDOOBER New Member

State:
    Mayfield,Kentucky
    The big cats are at the dams and also on the main lake. You just gotta know where to look

7. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    That's what he's asking... "where to look".

I know people catch big cats on the main lake, and below the spillway. I don't have a boat so I mostly fish the tail water. I sure hope you get an answer as to where in the lake (main channel, flats, rocks, etc..) to find the bigger fish. I'd like to know myself.

8. drinkmoremilk

drinkmoremilk New Member

State:
    Louisiana
  9. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    easy question to answer want the big fish...look for the bait fish, if you dont know what to look for, wait and when the gill and crappie spawn in the shallows. The hogs will follow..early mornings and early dusk is the times ive caught my monsters..

10. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i fish green river alot and there are alot of spots. how about a dam or a lock big cats seem to like these places. night fishing always works for me and don't be scared to use to big of bate because there is always a bigger fish someplace:wink:

11. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Many of the rivers in Ky hold big cats. The Ohio river and Kentucky lake are prime spots in western, Ky. In eastern, Ky you have the Big and Little Sandy, the Cumberland and Licking river just to name a few.