Big catfish in deerk creek?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by gunslick, May 22, 2009.

1. gunslick

gunslick New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been to deer creek about 3 times now and every time I go I catch 5-10 channel cats. Thing is theyre all small. I've been using chicken livers and bluegils. Just wanting to know is there are any big cats in there or am i just wasting my time?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Chad, Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people. I don't know how big they get, but I know there are some 10 plus pounders in the lake. Plenty of people on here fishing deercreek. Ask around and you will find someone to fish with. I would, but I now live in Georgia. Good luck

3. gunslick

gunslick New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks man I'm gonna try tonight to see if cant get a big one

4. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Two years ago there was a 56 pounder pulled out of the spillway. There are big cats in there you just gotta find em. Good luck.

5. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I caught a 35 lb shovel there, just north of where the creek enters the lake.

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i usualyy fish it quite a bit.i have caught a 12 pound channel out of the lake.your best bet is to fish cut shad.you can throw net them in the creek pretty easily this time of year.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There are some big flatheads in deer creek, but I do believe they are not real plentifull, I dont have the paitence to catfish there.

8. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Jack's right. Big fish there but not in great numbers. I'd say you have a better chance at a 10 lb channel there than a 30 plus Flattie. But your best chance is probably either in the headwaters (north of the lake) or the tailwaters below the dam.