Big Catfish Beaver Lake in Arkansas

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Liver Slinger, May 10, 2009.

1. Liver Slinger

Liver Slinger New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I just got my Bill Dance Catfish Rod . I have a small VB boat now .
    Have only caught a few small Channel Cats from the bank.

Where would be a good place in Beaver where I might get into good size catfish.
    Cut Bluegil ok for bait? If live how big?
    Stink Bait? Liver? Soap?WD40?Worms?
    Shrip?Dog Food? T Bone Steak?

I have 5-o circle hooks big enough?
    Thanks for any info.

Thanks Ron

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I would large chunk of Skip jack or fresh shad the Bigger the bait the bigger the fish. I may throw some Danny Kings if I wont to catch channels to eat.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    The way rain has been, i would take my boat and head up the river above Blue Springs, or War Eagle marina. A buddy said yesterday they were catching some good flatheads on perch up in the river.

4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I fish Beaver out of the Blue Springs area of the white river. I have caught cats on cut shad, liver and bream. I have caught eater sized channels on liver and cut shad. Flats on bream. Just vary all you do and you will most likely figure out what they want that particular day. But remember, things usually change from day to day, and with all this rain, things really have been changing. I wish I could figure out this high water cattin' on Beaver too.
    Good luck and let us know if you get into some fish on Beaver.

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Try several things until you find what they hit on! But, I think i would keep those steaks for myself..LOL:smile2:

Beaver is a clear water lake if I remember right. So, my experience on those lakes would be to try areas with structure and areas with a feeder stream coming in. With all the rain, you might wanna try flooded flats, fields, timber and backwater coves. They like getting up in those flooded areas.

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Will do not know much about your waters but I would use live gill for them flat's and cut bait for the rest

7. Liver Slinger

Liver Slinger New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Last part of April I went up the War Eagle Arm of the lake
    up past the Sidewalk Hole from the War Eagle Rec. Aera.
    Up from the Sidewalk Hole like a mile long with bluffs along the west side
    and made a bend to the east with patches of timber on the outside of the bend.I think If I would have went on around the bend it might have started narrowing ?????

Not sure but think that the Sidewalk hole might be the last boat ramp towards War Eagle.
    Do you think there would be some good size cats up that way?

I see loads of jugs along the big bluffs just out of and north of the the War Eagle Marina.

It was trin to blow up a strom I turned around got the heck back to the mraina as fast as my little 10hp 14ft. VB would go. I was kinda pushin my luck that day.

Isnt Blue Springs south of War Eagle Rec. Aera on White River??

What do you think about at the Dam is it any good?
    Thanks Ron
    Thanks Ron

8. jhingey

jhingey New Member

State:
    Ok
    try using live bluegill around ventris creek