Big catfish are out there.......

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Nov 9, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Just not on the end of my line. Pearl and I went out this morning and fished for about 6 hours. Talked to a commercial fisherman who netted an 87lber yesterday.

Anyway, we caught one and had one come unbuttoned. Only two bites. I guess it will take time to figure out this cold weather bite. Water temp was 53 degrees.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

Just follow the damn nets....... Did he weight it just before he tossed her back in :roll_eyes:

Sounds like y'all had a good time any way, Congrats!

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I wonder if it was the same guy that sells catfish fillets and walleye fresh caught to the local resteraunts

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats for getting out on the water, Hope things turn out better for you next time

5. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    So can commercial fisherman keep those monster blues or do they have to release them back? I don't know what kind of regulations they have when it comes to netting the rivers.

6. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    My gut tells me he wasn't practicing catch and release, but I don't know....

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I'd guess he was practicing Catch and Fillet :wink:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Seth, he absolutely has the right to Keep that 87 Pound fish, just as you and I would have the same right, although our motives are toward preservation, and his are for his wallet, he cannot be faulted for exercising his rights as a Missourian, and abiding by the Missouri Wildlife CODE as it applies to Commercial Fishing. We are always looking for ways to better our position with the State, and look for positive change in protecting our fisheries, especially those big fish. Please search on the BOC, and get your name on the Catfish Rescue Petitions that are out there if you have an interest.