Big Catfish!!! and Small Catfish!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Dec 27, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    DON'T catch one medium sized!:roll_eyes: Lord knows! It will draw the best of friends to become enemies calling each others liers!:smile2: Family members, will never be family again. LMAO..! It was a Big ONE! Or, We caught 2 small ones, and I caught a big one!,, Brother Mike caught the smallest of the day!:smile2: Can't be a medium, which might be 3/4 less in length than the BIGUN!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: Any Family or Friendship broken and drawn apart by this act of another???? LOL.:big_smile::big_smile::smile2:. I wanna know... I hear funny stuff around the holidays!!!:crazy::big_smile:....rollo

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  2. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Kip joked about how when him, Skip and me were out in March and I posted the pictures. And nit picked at me for posting his small fish. It just happened that was the only one of his fish I had on my camera at the time and my batteries died. And the pics of his bigger fish were on his camera...

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Geez, what a joke! y'know, when my friends and i fish i consider it a team effort. we usually rode there together, gathered the bait together, share the same bait, split gas money, split on the beer, etc. we usually spread out out rods and share the better/worse spots of a hole making sure everyone gets a fair shot and someone isnt stuck in a "dead zone". i always tell whomever i fish with if i cant get to the rod in time get it yourself. if its a trophy then who counts it? the guy who placed the bait in that spot or who hooked and landed it? when one of us catches a nice one i usually tell folks when bragging "WE caught a big one!" now depending on how it was caught determines who all gets a pic with it.:wink:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :tounge_out::wink::big_smile::wink: need not say more! LOL:wink: rollo

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i forgot to add that one of the guys i used to fish with (he went back to pay-ponds!) caught a really big flathead the first time he took us to his "honey hole. i am guessing it was about 45lb, a FREAK for the GMR. the guy is very competetive and after that night was always mumbling about how big the fish was (got bigger every time story was told) and how much a better fisherman he was, even though he could only fish effectively, and catch fish consistently in his "honey hole". get him out of that type of hole and out of that environment and was lost, totally useless! only spots he liked were nice big sandbars with no snags. oh yeah, he had these rediculously big surf rods also which he could only use in wide open spaces lol.

the spot he caught that fish in we had to wade across the river about waist deep to get to, and during that my other dude got the scale wet and it fried the scale so we couldnt get an exact weight of that lengendary fish. that fish has been a topic for 17 years now and always got brought up when someone other than him caught a good fish.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    WOW! That sounds like alot of the same around here. Only difference is, there is less fighting....LOL>:smile2::wink: rollo

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have always got a kick out of pic.s But more from the storys. LOL.. Most that think they are good are.. AND Us others suk!:smile2: :roll_eyes::wink: rollo

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i am not good and i admit it but i am working hard to get better :wink:

9. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    well the people i fish with know they better out fish me or else,the raggin starts.and vice versa.if someone gets mad over a fish or who's a better fisherman,i don't want them fishin in my boat any way.they don't want to be there either,because they will get ribbed on for not catching the biggest fish,and i expect the same.if you can't take some picking on,out of fun,you need to do something else,cause your takin' it too serious.i'll quit when it get so competative that a big fish caught by someone else makes me mad.
    oh,and pay ponds don't count.haha:smile2:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  10. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    Everyone that fishes with me knows i could care less who catches what as long as its a good time had by all, other than that lets here some good stories and relax and have a good time...

11. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Me too!!! Been working at becoming a better fisherman most of my life. Sometimes I do get lucky and catch a fish or two. Sometimes the biggest and sometimes the smallest. I love it though.:wink: Not sure what the biggest one I ever caught was, didn't bother taking scales with me that evening.:sad2:

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We are the same way. It aint about who catches what, etc. As long as their is fish caught! :wink: rollo

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That was a hard post to follow, were you chasing back a few cold ones when you wrote this???:big_smile::smile2:

14. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    yeah my daughter likes to harass me about how the last time we were out she got the big one (around 12") and i got the little one (2-3#). she is already a true fisherwoman and she is only 4

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know 3 things.

Big fish = good

Small fish = fair

No fish = sucks.

I always prefer to catch the bigger fish when I am fishing with Roger or Mellon, it gives them something to shoot for, and bit#h about!

16. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    so long as a good time is had is all i care about. theres been times i went and didnt catch a thing but had a great time tossing back a few cold ones, BS'ing, and roasting hotdogs. as a great saying goes, "some fishermen fish all their lives before they figure out its not the fish they are really after" (cant remember who said that)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  17. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    When I take some one out I just sit back. Hey grab the @(#*@_()(#_ rod before it breaks, hold him hold him bring him around I got the net.:wink:
    If I want to get a biggen I will fish by myself lol.

18. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know you better have a long string when you go to weigh those biguns!:wink: