BIG CAT

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by FREESPOOL, Sep 1, 2008.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Look at this cat. :eek:oooh: He was hit on 161 just east of Centralia. Apparently the cat was still alive after being struck by the vehicle, but couldn't move. They called animal control and they put him down. Most Lions full grown are about 90 to 150 lbs. This little kitty was 230 lbs!!!
    And people said there weren't anymore of them roaming around.

Attached Files:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the pics. Hearing more about them more often now adays.

3. PR Hicks

PR Hicks New Member

State:
    illinois
    thats a big kitty. weighs more than me. hate to see what the car looks like.. sad to see him left for dead

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    wonder if it escaped from an individual or came from the wild. Was there a full story or just unknown origin?

5. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Here is what was emailed to me. I have quite a bit of family in Centralia. This came from my uncle.

Look at what James Snipe hit with his car on state route 161 east of Iuka road. The lion was still alive but
    unable to move, so our neighbor called the Marion County Dog Catcher and they came and put him down.

A land owner had seen this one a week before dragging off a 320 lb steer. His neighbor is an amateur taxidermist
    and he's going to stuff him. This one weighed 260 lbs.while most mature male mountain lions weigh
    80 to 150 lbs. We had no idea they still roamed around here!

6. Jenni Belle

Jenni Belle New Member

State:
    Illinois

Yikes! :eek:oooh:

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    unbelievable that a cat that size is right here in central Missouri. Centralia really isnt that far from me and I never would have thought about a cat like that being around here. It is a shame in a way that a magnificent animal like that is dead but nature polices itself. I wonder how many more there are now??? You know a cat that size could have taken a man down with little problem.

8. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    It's actually Centralia, Illinois.

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Never fear, Bob, we have them here too. Well, perhaps a little fear is appropriate. LOL

Yesterday, my neighbor told me about the man who is going hunting on my neighbors land down around Jackson, MO. He has a deer cam out to watch for deer. One pic shows an obvious Mt Lion.

I am heading up to deer camp for work weekend, in a few days. It's north of Kirksville, MO, almost to the Iowa line. I called yesterday to confirm the plans. I was told he and his brothers were out trying to locate the Mt Lion they have seen harassing their cattle nearly every morning.

Oh, yeah, they are here alright.

10. Jenni Belle

Jenni Belle New Member

State:
    Illinois

This article says AZ http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/mountainlion2007.asp

Same pics and all :confused2:

11. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    That cat has been hit in several states by now!

12. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
  13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Hey, you got off easy. First off, she didn't "Snope us" by quoting your original post, she quoted me talking about lions spotted in MO by my neighbor and hunting partners. I didn't post the pic, but got the blame. LOL
    Second, at least now you get the privilege of adding IL to the list of states with that lion in the pic. LOL

14. Jenni Belle

Jenni Belle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    No! I wasn't blaming anyone....I just posted at the bottom! :wink:

15. Jenni Belle

Jenni Belle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    LOL! :smile2:

16. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Hey JEN:
    You jist keep these old farts honest, this may come as a suprise to some folks, but sometimes the truth gets lost in all the FISH STORIES around this joint. So if he is retired, over 55 years old or wears FLOWERED BRITCHES you gotta believe about 1/2 of what they post here.

SUMARY: olejer is a good honest source for a refreashing dose of the truth:wink:

17. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I would add "yellow tank top" to the list for a couple of reasons.

1) I wouldn't even buy it
    2) Only Hulk Hogan would wear it in public

18. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.

19. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri

20. olejer

olejer New Member