BIG CAT QUEST TV SHOW

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by bambam, Mar 8, 2008.

1. bambam

bambam New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    Hi all, I picked this forum because i know there are a lot of catters in the area and some of you may or may not know about this show. Anyway, i got off work friday at midnight. Went to bed at about 2 am. Got up at 7am and made coffee. Sat down on the couch and prepared myself to watch an awesome show about catfishing. The 30 minute show aired at 7:30 am on GAC (great american Country) on channel 147 on comcast digital cable. At 8 am I asked myself why did I get up so early. During the show i think they showed 3 catfish. Half of the show was a couple of guys promoting the stinkbait made by strikeking lures. they baited 2 rods with the stuff and caught 1 nice size channel cat (they did not weigh it). there was a guy that showed how to make a sliding rig ( helpful for us beginners). There was about 2-3 minutes of footage of the BCQ Tourney in Havannah Il. They showed a little girl weigh in a 1.5 lb catfish and ken gave her 50 dollars. Then they showed a guy weigh in a 45 lb flathead (I think he won the tourney). There were more commercials during this show then there was fishing ( i am not streatching this). I am not putting the show down but i was just dissapointed. I will watch it again next saturday but I hope in time the content will contain more fishing than commercials and that the show will be more informative. Commercials are neccessary (money) but the content of the show is also. just wanted to let you guys know what i thought of the show.

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Most fishing , hunting shows are more commercial than actual footage of fishing and hunting. Most of them I can't stand to watch.

3. bambam

bambam New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    You are right. i know these shows need money but there should be a good balance.