Big Cat line question

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by dcaruthers, Jul 4, 2006.

1. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Need help. I am looking for large spools of Big Cat Solar Green line. Do they make it in larger spools than 300 yds and if so where can I get it?

Also, does anyone know if Big Game is as good as Big Cat line?

2. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Come n now...where are all you on-line shoppers at?

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    One of our sponsors who has left us for unspecified reasons carries Big Game in 3 lb spools.

Aaron

TA2D

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I googled and and didnt see any longer than 330 for a lower test.

5. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeah...that's pretty much what I have come up with. I found it for 5.10 a spool for the 300 yard spools but they want $7 for shipping two spools. Forget that.

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    What lb line do you want, I can look in my catalog and see if they have it in there.

Aaron

TA2D

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I see large spools of big game for $12.90 but not big cat.

8. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
  9. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Roger that...been there already. I'm looking for the 20, 30, and 40 lb lines.

10. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well, the Big Cat line only comes in 330 yard spools, but Big Game solar green color is basically the same thing. They sell that in 3 pound spools for 69.9X (the X is an unknown) per spool, but it has a heckuva lot of line. The shipping actually isnt too bad for something that big though. I think it is like 7 or 8 dollars. Here is a link to it http://catalog.catfishconnection.com/itemlist.php?classid=FILBERK Any of the ones that are marked at 69 dollars are the color you want. Hope this helps :smile2:

11. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    The problem I can only fit about 200 yards or so on my reel. That leaves about 100 left on the spool and I do not like joining lines together in the middle. I have been making leaders out of the left over 100 yards, but what a hassle. I figure a bigger spool would solve my problems. Am I the only one who runs into this?