Big Blues on the River today!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Mar 2, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well after having the usual everything goes wrong leading up to the point you get on the water, it turned out being a great day on the Ohio River, not so much from numbers but size. Cincycat (Dave), and my buddy Jesse both landed 2 nice Hawgs, Jesse's was a 40#, and Dave's was a giant 50#! I didnt catch anything worth mentioning, but it was awesome to see those 2 guys lands some nice ones, Dave alos landed a 29# earlier in the Day. @ biggest blues I have had in my boat, and it was Jesse's first Blue ever, what a lucky dawg..I think he has the Fever bad now...LOL:smile2:, Enjoy the pics hope anyone else that made it out did well.:wink:, Congrats Cincycat AWESOME fish bud you deserve it!!!:crazy:

Attached Files:

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Nice pics T-Bull, were you guys fishing in the Markland Pool, i seen where you said you were going to launch out of New Richmond...Congrats on the good day, and the big blues.

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice going Tbull, BTW, me and Mellon had the worst day ever, again....., its calling for another post, actually one in the marketplace to sell everything I own and another to vent for a few hours over lack of fish and then one to piss and moan over getting a speeding ticket on the way down there this morning.

On a more serious note, what did they take?? and how deep, we had 8 oz barely getting to bottom...:eek:oooh: We fished the usual, 5-10-20-30-40 and 50+ feet water, had 1 hit all day, a 5.5 channel at 24 feet on Frozen Skippies

Salmonid

4. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Congrats on the great day, those are some awesome fish. Thanks for sharing.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice pics, thanks and it's good to know someone is catchin em.

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  7. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    That looks like you had a good day! Man the river where you fish sure looks different from the Cincinnati area. Hopefully I'll be fishing the Ohio for the first time this season.

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    man you guys around the ohio are lucky! nice pics bro, more more.

9. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Awesome fish man. Glad you guys got some hogs.

10. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats on a great day!! Been kind of slow here but great to see someone catchin some bigguns :big_smile:

11. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Congrats guys very nice fish!!!

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    WOW! Congrats on a very successful day and reps to ya for putting your buds on some great fish! Good Job!!

13. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Congrats guys. How close did you come to the record books?

14. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Those r some great Blues, CONGRATS!!

:worship::worship::worship:

15. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks all, the state record did come to mind, but its so confusing on how to actually pursue it, Dave mentioned it a couple times but ultimatley we decided against it, the current was very strong, and the 40 and 50 lbers were very stressed when they finally got to the boat, so we thought best to turn both loose as quickly as possible, we didnt have a tape measure, but the fish was probably close to 45 inches.

Mark,

We were using anything from 3 to 6 ounces, very very strong current but the baits were staying put fairly well, fish were caught in about 25 ft of water, I know you said you guys hit alot of deeper holes, the thing is I dont care how deep it is, if I am not marking fish I am not fishing there period, it took a while to mark, and get on some quality fish..Sorry for your speeding ticket, the cops in Mt. Orab love to do that...:angry:

16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    BTW Riverking, it was the Markland pool...

17. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Nice looking fish I am going to have to get down to the river.

18. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man I hate forgetting to answer questions looking through this thread...Sorry guys...

Mark,

The fish were all taken on fresh shad, live and cut. I think the big ones were taken on cut shad, the funny thing is all were taken on fairly small baits as well, I think the biggest shad we caught were around 6 or 7 inches..I didn't have any skips, but after today I am not to worried about it either, would still be nice to have some though.

19. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Well done guys.
    I knew it, I knew it, I knew it...I should have gone fishing. I planned to, I had the boat ready, I believed the water predictions and decided to stay home :confused2::crazy::confused2:...W

20. CincyCat

CincyCat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for posting Travis!!

One other thing I wanted to mention, is that in the picture where Jesse is holding the 40 lb'r....I am fighting the 50 lb'r at the same time, so we had 90 lbs of fish on a double!!! It was a great day and Travis did a great job of finding the right spots that were fishable (considering the heavy current) and then positioning the boat in a spot where we could get at the fish we saw on the graph. Thanks man!!!!