Big blue catfish caught?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by primitivefrn, Sep 3, 2007.

1. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Rumors that a large blue was caught around Herrman Mo. 103 lbs.
    Anybody heard anything of this? is Herrman a west or east mo. town?
    Jim

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Closer to mid state.

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I would call it more east than west. I havent heard anything about it. I know some people over there will see what I can find out. If it was caught on a trotline in around Hemann you can bet your last nickel it is dead now or will be soon.

4. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Well Warsaw I think has been aligned with the westies so since Hermann is straight south of here it should be a westies catch.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Gotta watch them west side boys. :smile2:

6. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Herman has several wineries their too.. That could be a contributing factor.

7. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hermann is at least a hundred miles east of Warsaw. I got a call in to a buddy of mine that lives close to Hermann. He is going over one day this week to find out about it. He said there was a 78 caught a while back but he hasnt heard about anything bigger.

8. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I need to find out who caught it so I can find out if it had a 9/0 kahle hook in its mouth. I am pretty sure I had that fish break my line a couple of weeks ago.

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    See that now Bob. Ive heard of it for its german festivals. Beer and wine dont mix too well.... Gotta watch them east side boys.....:smile2:

10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Hopefully he was turned loose ,and headed up to lexington.

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    If it has an 8/0 Gamakatsu circle in its mouth then its the one I lost. LOL:smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Robert, I know several of the trotliners in and around Hermann. I used to have the bait shop there on the boat ramp. I would be totally shocked, perhaps even cardiac arrest type shock, if they turned it loose. Just dont happen in them parts. I talked to them for 2 years about letting the big ones go, but to no avail. Doubt they changed now. Probably the best you can hope for is it made it to a lake

13. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Hermann is about 30 minutes down the road from me. More than likely the fish was not released judging by the "hoosierness" of people around this area. :angry:

14. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    I don't think it is just that area i think the majority of trotliners kill everything they catch. I know alot of people around here do anyway. I caught a 40lb blue Friday night(rod & reel) and told a couple of people about it at the river on Sunday and they acted like i was retarded for taking pictures and releasing that beautiful fish. I tried to explain why catch and release should be practiced on bigger fish. But like i said then i was even a bigger retard:crazy: I just wish they would put a limit on the number of lines set and the number of fish kept over say 36 inches or so.

15. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    My bad was thinking of Hermitage I go crawl bak under my rock.

16. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Spoon.. Here we are spending thousands of dollars on sonars when all we need is a metal detector instead.

17. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Jeff, thats why they put erasers on pencils.

18. Well if it's got a half-chewed can of Spam on a heavy-duty safety pin, I reckon that ones mine.