Big blue catfish caught on high rock

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by McDreamy, Jun 27, 2007.

1. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    I saw where a 31lb blue cat was caught on high rock june 16. so i guess we are starting to get some good size blues on high rock. it was caught on the upper end of the lake. not to far down from where i have been fishing so i may be having to leave my spot to go after some big ole blues

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    That's good to hear, but I don't think there are a lot of bigger ones in there yet. I'm guessing it would take about ten years from the time they are introduced to get some big fish in good numbers. That may have been a transplanted fish too. I know there are some blues up there, but not sure if there are enough to target them. good luck with 'em. see ya

3. ike9389

ike9389 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Picture hanging in reals curb mkt in spencer of a 69 lb cat caught this past month. not sure what kind of cat. my friend caught a 27lb blue last week.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hope you fellows are releasing them blues. a 27lber can lay a lot of eggs for the future. high rock would be a great lake to drift fish for blues i think. does it get a thermocline like badin or not? does anyone know? i know for a fact blues have been highrock for at least 5 years maybe longer. there was one weighed in at the nccats tournamnet a few years ago. when the lake went down a few years ago there was a lot of clams in the main channels. blues love them.

5. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    heck the only blues i have been catching have been about 5 to 9 lbs

6. ike9389

ike9389 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    another 56 lb cat caught , picture hanging in reals mkt in spencer . i think it was caught above york hill in the yadkin river , was not given many details .