"BIG BITE chicken blood"

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by buddah, Mar 5, 2007.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Anyone ever use or have any good luck with this dough bait? I picked some up at Dick's Sporting goods yesterday. Looks like it might produce some nice channelcats and bullheads for me. It is a doughbait that is made from chicken blood. It has a funny picture on the front of the container too... It's a catfish with jaws-like teeth! haha! Just curious cause I really don't use much doughbaits, with the exception of some powerbaits for trout.

It from EXTREME doughbaits. Never heard of them but you may have.
    again it's called "BIG BITE" chicken blood

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    here are pics of the container for you.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

3. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Jay,
    Hello sir, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but last summer I bought a jar of that stuff. I like you thought wow this stuff looks like it might do the trick. I'll tell you I set up three different poles with three different baits, Regular Bee-Jay on one, Garlic Bee-Jay on one, and the one you just bought on the other. I fished all three poles for about 6 hours, and I would say the bite was average for the day. I caught fish on both of the Bee-Jay poles and missed a few on those poles as well. The Chicken Blood pole didn't move a bit for six hours!
    Hopefully you will have better luck than I did, but I was not impressed at all. I should also mention, I used the Chicken Blood bait about four times last season and I never did get a bite, even when other baits were bringing in the channels.

Good luck to you though, maybe I was just holding my mouth wrong!
    Garrett

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Good afternoon Buddah, you can add that can to the dumpster with the rest of the ones that I did.

IMHO, stick with DK's or Benny Robert's:big_smile: . I have caught a few cats lately using Catalpa worm based products; although my faith still lies in the previous two.

Good luck & catch some bigguns, Elliot

5. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I know wally world sells this stuff. I may have to buy it, since they've stopped carrying Sonny's. I trust Sonny's, but I'm willing to try something new too.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have never had any luck with prepaired bait not saying they are no good but I have never caught any thing on it:tounge_out:

7. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    The only time I have seen bait like that catch anything was in the spring of the year on a trotline in shallow water.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jay I have never used the bait you mentioned. Walmart has it on their shelves in this area. However I have used other commerical baits with success. Sonnys Super Stickey (Blood), Wicked Stickey, and Uncle Charlies (Shad). I carry these baits on every trip out. If I can't get live or cut bait then I alwasy have these as back up.Good Luck.:smile2:

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Thanks Fellows! It was only 3.00 so I thought what the heck, right? Around here it's FRESH chicken livers so I though chicken blood was the way to go. I havn't had much luck with prepared baits but I'm gonna giv'er a shot anyhow..cant hurt none. Thanks for the reviews!:big_smile: