Big Bait Buckets Made Easy!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Apr 15, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is a simple way to make a larger scale bait bucket using a swimming pool chlorine bucket that is around 6 gal. instead of the standard size. First of all you need the empty bucket! LOL.. I like these buckets better than the traditional 5 gal. with the press on lids, because these lids are a screw on model! This prevents the accidental losing of your bait by the lid popping off when throwing it out into the water to keep your bluegills, bass, etc. in. I simply took a 5/8 drill bit and placed holes in the lid, and around the top of the buckets edge for points of aeriation for fresh water to be able to enter. I also added the rope with a couple of "D rings" just to spice it up a bit, and make a quick connect to it. You can use a couple of these like I made to transport your bait also from your home bait tank to the river. You can buy a pump for each bucket for transportation, or can go to a local junk yard, and pick up a simple compressor or two off of air equipted vehicles. These compressors work great with a simple air hose for each bucket including a connector for each bucket, and a air stone for each that can be purchased at your local pet store, or Wally World. Makes a great pump to give your baits the oxygen needed to maintain a healthy life, until you get the buckets in the water! My buddy has ran this system for years, and I have to say first hand, it is an inexpensive way to transport bait, and keep bait at the river or lakeside all night long using these buckets. good luck to you........rollo

Attached Files:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I see you got the company name on them. LOL Good idea. Thanks.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nice work looks like good bait buckets

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Thanks for taking the time to share with us Rollo. I appreciate it as well as others.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Library worthy...thanks for sharing

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the company name was by mistake..lol... these are very nice buckets, and can hold alot more bait at a time, esp. larger bait. for a catfisherman. A couple of buckets like this can help in keeping your bait, without overcrowding a small bait bucket on the riverbank, or over the side of the boat. Very cheap and easy to make likesaid, with great results also....rollo

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    draggin this back up, its gettin to be cattin season!:smile2: rollo

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    everyone needs baitbuckets!!!!!!!! ROLLO

9. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member