BIG BAD BOY from a little bitty town

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by michiganwhitetailRLM, May 30, 2008.

1. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    I could'nt have been happier to see that a second person has went to the NFL from my little town of lapeer, michigan. When i read in the paper that Jake Long from the michigan wolverines was drafted by miami for some big $$$, I looked @ my fience with huge eyes and a dropped jaw. You see, she went to school with him and actually knew mr.long. Why can't the LIONSpick up on some of these guys? David Kurkus was another one from here. He played with the LIONS for 1 season then headed off to the CHIEFS. Oh well! @ least i can say that I live in a county that puts out some real pros.:cool2:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya gotta wonder what the odds were in the first 2 guys drafted havein the same last name. LOL!

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Jake Long was a beast at Michigan. If you noticed Mike Hart gained most of his yards running to the left side of the line. Too bad he never beat OSU...oh well we have a whole new era at Michigan now. This year may be rough, but we will be a national powerhouse in a couple of years. GO BLUE!!! -bassmassey

4. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    I could'nt agree more about hart and michigan football period. My fience has pics of jake long from school and what not. Who ever would of thought he would have played for the greatest college team ever and now go pro as the #1 draft pick......GO BLUE!

5. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    finally a damn michigan fan on here. there used to be a guy on here who posted alot names sal, he's a big msu fan:angry: And there are a ton of buckeyes on here, just wait to next fall....you''ll see what im talking about....lol. I like what rich rodriguez is doing at michigan though. He did actually recruit a fast qb this year from florida. I think his name is faygin....and he has two 4 star QB that commited verbally for next year. We're gonna be tough once he recruits for a few years. They've been running high speed scrimmages too. They quoted him saying no showboating will be aloud after a long run or a first down. He wants them to hand the ball to the ref and get back to the line as quickly as possible. I like that....GO Blue-bassmassey

6. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    Right on bro! It's kind of ironic that you're a wolverine fan and live in georgia. I'm a michigan native but did live in dalton and lagrange georgia a while ago....kind of cool man. I miss them smokey mountains! Anyone who likes MSU can :worship: to the WOLVERINES ! LOL.

7. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Better watch that Rodriguez fellas he is a sellout.

8. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    here come the RichRod haters.....lol. Yeah my dad moved down to the atlanta area in the late 80's. And guess where my mom ended up , Columbus OH. I was born in Dearborn Michigan and I lived up there until I was probably 3 or 4. I actually grew up mostly in Columbus, about four or five blocks from the Horseshoe!(enemy territory). I spent nearly most my summers as a kid around the Detroit area with all my cousins, and I've always watched the Michigan games since being a young kid. It's hard to catch some of the games down here, I usually have to drive about an hour to the sports bar. Especially since they came out with the wonderful Big 10 network, lol. anyway GO BLUE!!! -bassmassey

9. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    That was the headline in the Flint journal today. The miami dolphins have jake long and david kurkus, both from my home town of lapeer. They also have henne from U of M and someone from michigan state, cant recall who. the michigan dolphins....lol. I,m gonna be keeping an eye on miami this year. Heck, I might end up buyin some dolphin gear...lol. Long is gonna be here in lapeer in a couple of weeks @ the highschool for some golfing event. I,m gonna try to get his john hancock on a highschool jersy.....wonder what that will be worth in about 10 yrs?

10. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    I knew Henne and Long both went down there, i didn't know about all the other michiganders though. They have Parcell's running the whole deal too don't they? Might be better off rooting for Miami then the Lions...haha. Usually the only Lions game i get to watch is on Turkey day. They haven't even been on monday night in a while. Good luck on that autograph, i would surely say it would be worth money. even now it's probably worth money, he already made history signing that big money contract. I think they should try to get hart sometime in the near future too, I don't care how small he is..he's tough and quick.-Bassmassey

11. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    Like i said before, I'm a true lions fan and always will be even though they have some major issues. I wish the lions would stop picking these jokers for the team and swoop up on some good draft picks...even some local boys.

12. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If for no other reason than to be an instigator....BOILER UP! lol

(Although I am happy to hear that Hart went to the Colts)

13. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    Thats pretty funny ben. lol! I didnt know that hart went to the colts, my 2nd most favorite team.....sweet!:roll_eyes:

14. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    Joe Dumars fired Flip Saunders, and said he's making major changes during he offseason. I hope he atleast keeps Hamilton and Billups together, he can go ahead and get rid of Rasheed, everyone knows he can bring a negative impact on the team. Heck they've been in the Eastern finals the last 6 years, I don't think they need a "major change" ? Dumars has done good for the organization so far, hope it all works out.-bassmassey

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

With Addai, Hart, and newly re-acquired Dominick Rhodes, the Horse will finally have the running game they need.

16. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Attended Indiana University in Bloomington from 1992 to 1997 (yes, 5 1/2 year plan) and saw many 2 IU vs Michigan game.

I saw many great Michigan players tear the Hooisers a new a$$hole including greats like Tim Biakatku? (spelling), Ihmani Toomer, John Runyan, Todd Collins, and Brain Griese.

Just have to let Notre Dame handle the Maize and Blue:wink:

17. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    biakabatuka ....or something like that? we just called him touchdown tim....he really only had one great game....when we upset one of coops teams and he ran for some 300 yds.....not positive on the year, but i think it was 95 or 96....i remember that day like it was yesterday, it was actually a rainy cold day in columbus that day too......GO BLUE! -bassmassey

18. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    Did Michigan play in Bloomington in 97? I can't remember for some reason, lol. That was a heck of a team though. I would confidently say it was the best defense in college football history. just some of the names we had, Sam Sword, Ian Gold, glen steele......that just sounds tough. then we had marcus ray at safety, dahini jones, and most importantly Charles Woodson at CB and the Only Defensive Heisman Winner! Too bad we had to share the title with a Nebraska team that beat Missouri off a miracle TD when the ball would've been incomplete although it bounced off someones shoe in the endzone and then caught.....anyone remember that play?

19. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Now to think of it, it wasn't Brian Griese cause I don't remember Charles Woodson. I may have been 1996.

It was the same time frame when Tony Banks was QB over at Michigan State.

20. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    I'm not sure about those dates either guys. One thing for sure, is the fact that I'm proud to be a wolverines fan. My fience is a state fan and she has family in ohio....lol! Talk about a battle in the house on those game days. The funny thing is, I grew up in lansing about 4 miles from msu. GO BLUE!:cool2: