Big 12 happenings

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by AwShucks, Nov 24, 2007.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Lot has happened in just the past week. Coach Franconie of Texas A&M resigned following the game Friday. He would have probably been terminated at any event, but I believe the resignation saved the University some money.

Morris, the coach at Baylor was fired last week. This is surprising. It seems as though the educators who are in charge at Baylor are not quite as smart as the local high school drop outs. Unless the University is willing to sink a substantial amount of money into its athletic department, Baylor is going to loose no matter who the coach is. It is not the coach, it is not the players, it is the administration.

Tom Osborne just made out little friend Shane very happy (and me too, incidentally - guess I do carry grudges) by firing the F hillbilly, throat slashing - I did not do that, I don't care what you see on national television, I didn't do it - Callahan at Nebraska. It was long overdue.

Then we have the fiasco today between Kansas and Missouri. It don't matter who wins as the Big 12 will loose. IF, and I had to capitalize that "if", we didn't have a conference championship game one of these two teams would be in the NC game. As it stands, the winner will probably face Oklahoma who has an excellent chance of knocking them out of the game allowing OSU to sneak in the back door, again.

Isn't college football great. My season ended last week. LOL

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    By about 10:30 tonight we will be talking about Mizzou playing Oklahoma again. And then we will be talkin about how Mizzou exacted their revenge on the sooners. As for a fiasco I do not follow that logic. Two very good teams are playing what should be one he-- of a game. They have earned the right to play for the national championship in my book. Doesnt matter where you are from respect is earned not given because of which state you are from

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Lawrence,
    No matter who wins tonight, OU had better not take them lightly. both KU & MU are good teams this year. I've seen much better sooner teams then the one that has taken the field this season. Your just not gonna walk in and steal the Big 12 this year You'll have to earn it!

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    OU is usually up for the big games. It is the little ankle biting teams which generally beat them... ie Colorado and Texas Tech, Oklahoma State. I try not remember the games in which the officials beat them. LOL I think the fiasco is that no matter who wins between Missouri and Kansas, the big 12 is gonna loose. Both of these teams deserve playing for the NC, going by their record and poll position. One will eliminate the other this evening. If Kansas looses, it will be a Kansas team with one loss. If Missouri wins, it will be a team also with one loss. BUT they have to play the conference championship game where other teams pretty well are finished playing and can make it to the big game. That is a travesty.

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I couldn't agree more. all the confrences should have a championship game or none at all.

6. kctinner

kctinner New Member

State:
    missouri
    I couldnt agree more,it looks like MU is gonna wrap it up OU better have there game faces on next week MU showed there defense is way better than most people thought

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    All I can say is come on Saturday nite. Mizzou is on a roll. Better tell them there soooners to get plenty of rest.