BFR .444 Marlin

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by chambers bd, Jul 1, 2008.

1. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Im still looking at a BFR in .444 marlin to go with my Rifle. Its really got long barrles. What lenght would you have, and why if you care to share your thoughts!:roll_eyes:

2. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    I think I know what BFR stands for, but maybe you could give me a hint to see if I'm right?

3. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    BIGGEST FINEST REVOLVER

Everybody thinks it stands for biggest f%^&* Revolver:eek:oooh:

4. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Here ya go this is a pistol

Attached Files:

• bfr.jpg
      bfr.jpg
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:
  5. Guns & Cockpits

State:
    California
    Heh, yea, my guess was the latter!

I didn't know they were making revolvers in .444 Marlin. That must be a heck of a fun gun to shoot! I've fired a couple of revolvers in .45-70, which is my big rifle (Marlin 1895XLR), but I don't own one.

I do own, however, a Ruger Super Redhawk in .480 Ruger, and that in and of itself is more than enough gun for me. Nothing in N. America that it won't kill, and she's purdy and accurate. It's a 7.5 inch barrel, and I think had I gone any longer and it would be a big burden to carry anywhere, and any smaller, and you lose too much velocity coming out of the barrel. 7.5 really seems to be the happy medium.

Attached Files:

6. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    looks real deadly, I been thinking about one to go with my marlin for bear hunting and other vermine if you know what I mean.:eek:oooh:

7. Guns & Cockpits

State:
    California
    I do know what you mean. Are you looking for a revolver to actually hunt with? Or one to carry as a backup in case of a rifle failure?

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I guess both, it would do away with humping two kinds of ammo.

9. Guns & Cockpits

State:
    California
    Well heck, if you can afford it, and you have the hands to shoot it, I say go for it!

10. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    yea, what about that price. I mean hot dang that would buy a lot of stuff anywhere.

11. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I'd want about 12" of barrel with it locked down in a ransom rest & me pulling the trigger mech with a string from bout 25-30 foot away, with my hands over my muffs....
    :smile2:
    When ya pick er out, please post some pics of ya shooting it....I love the look on peoples faces when they do something like that......

12. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    yea, that will be good! could be funny!:smile2:

13. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I was thinking the latter myself, lol. Looks like a beast and Im used to shooting my 44 mag. Have fun with it, I like the way my mag makes an impact on things.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Course,Brian you are a Big fella,That thing is crazy,I got no idea how anyone could try to shoot something like that,I'll stick with my 22s:wink::smile2:

15. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    hand held artillery:eek:oooh:

16. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    buddy of mine had the .480, and it was a beast! 10 inch barrel, and two full handfuls! i have always wanted to shoot one of the bfr's, they look like a hoot!

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like the .444. The bad thing is that .444 is getting harder to find while .45-70 is getting easier to find. But... since you have the Marlin .444 rifle already I can see why you want a .444. It's one heck of a brush gun. I sure do miss mine. They kick (the BFR's) less than the .45-70, I think even less than BFR's .454 and for sure less than a snub nose .460.! :crazy::wink:

If you get a BFR in .444 for under $750 your doing good! (last time I checked that it.)

18. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Man,
    I had my eye out for a while! I will get one.:cool2:

19. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Darn, I'm with 223reload, I'll shot my 22s. I can go up to a 44 mag and it is all I want to shoot. Guess I'm a sissy. Come to think of it, I have not shot my 44 mag for 8 or 9 months.