Beware

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BigCatJakeSr, Jun 14, 2008.

1. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    JR. and I went searching for the big one Thursday night out at Charles Mill. We set up at the 430 bridge and let me warn ya, some ####bird toss/disposed of some type of scrap metal adjacent to the warning buoy. It covers a pretty good area. I lost approximately 100 ft of brand new line. Frayed the crap out of it. After that I could not help as each time I venture to any lake in the area that the amount of trash left behind is ridiculous. What is so hard about packing your trash when you leave, there is even trash receptacles in some areas in which you can place it. I am retired from Law enforcement and I can not to this day understand why the Park Rangers and Sheriff office that cruise the area try charge this people. The fine for littering is more than a speeding ticket and it will send a message within the area. I am no treehugger but the type of litter left behind does not decompose with time. I would like to also thank all those people that use braided lines within a snag ridden area, like the Charles Mill Dam, you can't even drift a slip bobber rig without hanging onto someones braid that they have to cut leaving the remaining to trail in the current. I for one will check anyone leaving trash behind and if they cop an attitude, I will report the offender. This is not directed to anyone in particular, just really irks the crap out me and I know a alot of you that enjoy a night of fishing without smelling disgarded chicken liver containers or getting caught in couple miles of discarded fishing line. Some people may call me a snitch, but I have been called worse. Well I feel better now, so take care and good fishin!!!!

2. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    I'm no treehugger myself, but if we want to keep our fishing waters and hunting land we need to keep them clean for all to enjoy. or else they will all disappear.:sad2:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it is like that everywhere.

People that leave all there trash and junk behind are nothing but pieces of trash themselfs...and dont care about anything

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I must agree that the amount of trash left behind is quite ridiculous! A good deal of people often blame the bank fisherman (which is guilty), but just as many people litter on the water, only the trash is not as visible. I don't understand what is so hard about taking one of the many Wal mart bags that most of us have in our boats and putting your trash in it. I have yet to see a boat ramp without a trash can near by! Lets take care of our water and fish habitats. Thank you in advance if you already practice this

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    some people just don't have the brought'n'up that some of us have had.my dad woulda kicked me in the lake if i was just throwing trash around,well maybe,lol,but i woulda been scolded.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I someone is fishing near me and the seem to be "Not in the mood to collect their trash when they leave" they will soon realize that moods can be changed drasticly in a matter of just a few minutes!!!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio

I think it is scary how many people leave their crap behind because of how popular it is to make fun of treehuggers. Stereotype a group enough and make fun of them enough and people will do anything they can to prove they are not part of it.

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I dont think it has anything to do with stereotyping, they just dont have a care in the world about leaving a place like that, it's sad but there alot of em out there like that, I agree that a ticket or stiff fine will curve the littering alot, but if the officer doent see it, he cant do anything about it!!! Those ppl have to be told or turned in, just dont get into heated arguments about it cuz they can turn ugly quite quickly!!

9. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know when I have confrontted people about this very thing I have been told things like "what are you some kind of treehugger". shrug.

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You should have told them "No, I just don't like fishing behind TRASHY people!!!

11. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    The enforcement agencies have to make a concerted effort to catch the ones that litter. Just like they do during the walleye spawn up in fremont area and other rivers which are prone to the spawn and the snagging. These game wardens are called from out of their districts to gather up in Fremont and Huron area to combat the snagging. They just have to set and watch violators and wait for them to leave, if they left trash behind they are busted. The have to do what most law enforcement officer's hate doing, pulling surveillance. Another option is to get these minimum security level inmates to police (pick up) the trash along the banks. I agree with the confrontational aspect, You must make sure of the item which was discarded was by that person(s), insure the identity of that person in which littered and obtain the drivers license plate # for identification purposes prior to reporting to the officials. Without that the officials may not be able to pursue and issue a citation.

12. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    THE TRASH PROBLEM STARTED ,BECAUSE OF POOR PARENTING AND JUST PLAIN LAZY PEOPLE, PLUS STUPID, NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE OR THEMSELVES.
    AND THIS IS THE MENTELLALITY OF THE PEOPLE, WE ARE LEAVEING THE WORLD TO. WOW SURE GLAD I WON'T BE AROUND TO SEE THAT OUTCOME. I KNOW WHAT THE RESPONSE WILL BE AND THAT IS (THOSE OLD FARTS LEFT IT LIKE THIS, WE DID NOT DO IT)

WHAT A SHAME....

MOOSE THE TREE HUGER:angry:

13. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree. By people doing these ridicules things simply because they are to damn lazy to clean up after themselves they are only giving the anti's and the tree huggers more fuel to their fire. A true sportsman and lover of the outdoors seeks to preserve the natural beauty of what we enjoy. As I once told one idiot, how would your football game look and be played if I just dumped all my trash over the year randomly about the field? Usually if you see the idiots and put it in perspective for them it makes it a little easier to understand on the feeble brains.

shenbitt

14. jmaier147

jmaier147 New Member

State:
    Springfield,Ohio
    I have picked up many things left behind by people. They just dont care about what they are doing. I am 29 years old and have alot of respect for the outdoors. I always pick my things up as i am fishing, I also smoke and dont even put my cig butts in the water which I have seen many people do all the time I just put it out kinda roll it up in my fingers and stick it in my pocket and empty my pocket when I get home. It takes all of a few short minutes to pick up your trash.

I dont want to leave a mess for my kids!!! The world is screwed up enough!

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i agree with all of you it gripes me to go to the lake and see all the trash its everywher i fish from the bank i always take my trash out it usely ends up in my tackl box not on the grownd at all all the pretty seenery and trash makes me remember the indian on the comershal crying well i know how he feels its a shame :cry: