Beware the 3 Rivers during G-20 summit.

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT, Sep 24, 2009.

1. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Tell you what guys,most nerve racking nights fishing all summer.Fished the lower allegheny river tonite,got one 4-5# flat and my brother Bob and Tony got some decent channels.We were fishin past where the announced resticted zone was on the rivers for the G-20 summit.Coast guard boats went past all night and nobody bothered us.Got ready to leave about a 1/4 to twelve,bite was slow.Took all the gear up and set it by the van and went back one last trip for my camera.Started down the path to the river and seen a coast guard boat pulling in with its lights on and ordering Tony to freeze and put his hands up.I walked down and the same for me.They made us sit there on the shore for 20 minutes,kept asking us what we were doing by the river.Told em we were fishing,but all the gear was already up by the van,nothing there but my camera.Within 15 minutes we had 4 more coast guard boats there,Pittsburgh police river unit and a sheriffs boat.Then a boat pulled into shore and out hopped a full crew of coast guard guys with M-16s,loaded and pointed at us,bulletproof vests,the whole nine yardsThey took everybodys ID and radioed all that in for FBI clearance.Then the land troops came,13 vehicles in all,Pittsburgh police,sheriffs office,a hummer full of national guard,and a suburban full of some kind of federal guys.After another 15 minutes of looking thru the van,they decided that we were actually fishermen.I asked if I could take a picture of the old Catfish Express surrounded by all their vehicles,but they declined the offer.I,ve seen holed up killers with less manpower sent for them.In the end they said that we weren,t in the restricted zone,but when they saw lights moving up the hillside,that,s what set off the alarm.Ran into a couple nice cops that fished and they asked what we were catching.I,m going out friday,but it,s gonna be about ten miles downriver from the city!They said if we would have still had our fishing gear sitting there,the 1st boat would have just checked us out and not issued the alert.Who would have thought that Obama could screw up my catfishing night?:crazy::tounge_out::crazy:.

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    oh boy Pat sounds like you stepped in it there didn't ya. surprised they didn't haul ya in. ain't politics and economic summits fun.

3. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Good thing you was not bow fishing they might have shot you in the head and said you was a snipper:angry::eek:oooh::crazy:

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

Everybody there had their hands on their friggin pistols too.Took em a 1/2 hour to figure out I wasn,t too dangerous to light up a smoke.

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    now you are in the fbi data base Pat. is your picture going to be in the post office now.

6. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Where were you fishing Pat? I am going to be back in PA tomorrow evening and you better believe I will be out... I would rather not get stopped by and cops, FBI, coast gaurds, etc. I may fish HPD one night so I should be good there (afterall, no boats allowed :wink:) and somewhere else the other night. Where exactly is the "No Go Zone?" I will have to plan accordingly.

7. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i have to go to coraopolis today, maybe i will stop in at the summit and fix this economy. it will now be called the G21 summit:wink:

8. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I thought the SAME exact thing when I first saw it :smile2:

9. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Maybe make sure you don't look like a terrorist when you go fishing by wearing Hawian Tourist cloths or Glow In The Dark :eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: .
    you didn't mention, but maybe it was good you weren't packing too :confused2:

10. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

I was fishing between the 16th and 31st st bridges.The zone is supposed to only start at the 16th st bridge ,but they said it,s all discretionary,You oughta be fine out at hpd.I,m heading down the Ohio on friday night.:wink:

11. Dang Pat, meanwhile, there were people crawling up bridges with ropes and banners! Hahaha! That is f'd up man!:eek:oooh:

12. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    well my trip was fantastic. got to see the prez motorcade while i sat in front of the airport for 30 minutes waiting for him to pass. good times. i looked in to see if i could see airforce on but didnt see it.

13. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Who ever said catfishing was boring?:smile2::smile2: Truth be told, they probably was trying to find your secret fishing bait! Good thing you didn't have the "secret 7" with ya.!!! or did ya !!!!!!

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I think I would have dropped a deuce in my drawers!!! :eek:oooh: :crazy: :roll_eyes: :smile2:

15. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!:tounge_out:

16. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    haha great story man. It's funny now but that woulda pissed me off at the time.

17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    pat, be glad ya didn't have any concealed weapon on ya, that really would of been a long nite, even if ya had a permit to carry.

18. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I agree with Lenny if you woulda had a gun on you man your night would have been a lot longer even with a permit they would have ran your name every which way and inside out!Maybe even took you in for questioning or even worse :eek:oooh:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  19. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    body cavity search :eek:oooh::crazy: