Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
U WILL GET A TICKET IS ILLEGAL IN STATE OF ARZIONA AND IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE. I GOT A TICKET FROM G&F AND MAKE SURE U HAVE A TROWABLE SQUARE CUSHION AND FIRE ENXTIQUSIER ON UR BOAT.
Oh man thats not good... I dont have a throwable cushion so now Ill get one but I knew about the enxtiqusier... Why in the heck does sportmans sell 8foot cast nets!

G

·
U WILL GET A TICKET IS ILLEGAL IN STATE OF ARZIONA AND IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE. I GOT A TICKET FROM G&F AND MAKE SURE U HAVE A TROWABLE SQUARE CUSHION AND FIRE ENXTIQUSIER ON UR BOAT.
Hmmm, good info. Knew about the fire extinquister but not the throwable, I'll get one for next time out. Thanks for the info. I do carry a PFD that I use for waverunners, I could throw that one??? Heck I'll just get a square one to be safe, or one of those fancy round ones.

·
Banned
3,910 Posts
if i'm reading right, net is measured in radius. 4 ft that way or 8ft diameter total. better be right or friend that is G&F i know is fishing iligal now.
actually, i just read it in the rule book.
gary

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Well, I hope they let you keep your fishing license Mert, they can revoke it, and what sucks is that means you can't hunt either. I know cast nets over legal size, require a court hearing, you just can't pay the fine. Good luck bro.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i do have a court day on the 27 in mesa im going there and i tell them cuz that was the smallest one that the stores are selling

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
yeah i do have a court day on the 27 in mesa im going there and i tell them cuz that was the smallest one that the stores are selling
I wouldn't bullshit them in anyway bro. The Game and Fish don't play around and love to look for a reason to take your license away, and make an example out of you. All they will say is that, just because they sale illegal nets, doesn't make it OK to break the law. My personal advice is to go in there, and say that you didn't know the law, and that you are not from here, backed with your accent of course. Then I would say that you are sorry, and it will never happen again, and you learned your lesson. I think they will be more leinent. I would approach it humbly, and sorrowfully and they will probably be more lax on you. They will of course say that it is up to you to research laws etc, but atleast it is a somewhat excuse. They can do anything from fine you, to take your hunting and fishing privledges away for five years. When they suspend your license in AZ, you wont be able to hunt or fish in most states in the USA. They are all connected.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Rob is right about the bull don't try that . just say you didn't know . Rob you could go with him . don't you know the judge ? I don't think they are going after your lic. unless you are a repeat offender. and remember what you said to the leo because they will write it on the back of the ticket for the judge to see ..good luck !:cowboy:

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Rob is right about the bull don't try that . just say you didn't know . Rob you could go with him . don't you know the judge ? I don't think they are going after your lic. unless you are a repeat offender. and remember what you said to the leo because they will write it on the back of the ticket for the judge to see ..good luck !:cowboy:
When a friend of mine went to Court for illegal transport of a bear (which he didn't know his friend had a expired bear tag), it was a three man panel, and supposedly it is the same for all violators.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
I hate to say this, and I am sure it will sound like I am a dique, but I wouldn't help out even if I did know someone on the panel. I don't get involved with peoples legal BS. Nothing to do with Mert, or anyone else, it is just bad medicine, and if anything goes wrong, then I am the a-hole. No thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I hate to say this, and I am sure it will sound like I am a dique, but I wouldn't help out even if I did know someone on the panel. I don't get involved with peoples legal BS. Nothing to do with Mert, or anyone else, it is just bad medicine, and if anything goes wrong, then I am the a-hole. No thanks.
I thought you where the a--hole anyway???? just kidding buddy!

G

·
Just read the Regs. and this is what it says:
"All watercraft 16 feet and longer shall have one type
IV throwable PFD on board."
My boat is 14' so I'm good. When I get my 18 going I'll need a throwable and glad this was posted because I didn't know and hadn't read the regs.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Just read the Regs. and this is what it says:
"All watercraft 16 feet and longer shall have one type

IV throwable PFD on board."
My boat is 14' so I'm good. When I get my 18 going I'll need a throwable and glad this was posted because I didn't know and hadn't read the regs.
I'd get one anyways, what will it hurt? You might just save someone else's life on the water, from another boat.

·
Registered
993 Posts
At BP right now they have 3.5,4,10 and 20 foot throw nets!! If you wasnt up on the law,it would be really easy to make a mistake!!But then again i could see me tryin to throw a 20 foot net!! It would be youtube worthy and would probably end up making use of a throwable pfd as well!!LMAO!!They do also sell trot line kits as well,go figure!!:biggrin:

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
You have to realize that all fishing is not done in public water.
If Arizona is anything like NC aint much illegal on private water if you own it or have permission to do what you are doing from the owner.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.