Beware Buying on Ebay

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Jan 11, 2009.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
  2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    garry...somethings are better to buy when you can try them on first lol..im a hands on person myself ...if i dont c it i dont buy it...even the ole lady went thru the apprentice program :smile2::smile2::smile2: again thats my falt:embarassed::crazy::smile2::smile2:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I kind of believe in using caution on e-bay. If your purchasing something which should have a long shelf life, thats one thing... if your purchasing something which will spoil in a short time, thats something else. A lot of things on e-bay are priced cheaper than I can buy them locally, but I try to look at all aspects as price is not the only consideration. I've got dry rotted waders also from a local source, but at least I could return them. I think e-bay is a good source, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING. A lot of times the price of the item plus shipping and handling far exceeds the local price of an item. You have to be knowledgeable about what your buying. Sometimes I'll order something I'm really wanting on e-bay, only to find out I had previously ordered the item. Sigh.

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    So far I've only ordered hooks on there. They arrived in the 3 to 5 day period specified for the shipping. But am cautious about anything I purchase online...