Better topo map for Truman Lake?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mr.T, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I'm wondering if there's a "better" topographic map of Truman Lake than the one I currently use -- it's the "Fishing Hot Spots" map you can buy at Wal-Mart, etc. and shows contour in 10 ft intervals as well as fairly vague types of structure. It gives a good general idea of what the bottom looks like, but I'd bet there's something better.

I'm looking for something with more detail, including specific underwater structure like brush piles, old bridge pilings, etc.

Anyone know if there's a better map available and where I can get it if so?

2. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Better maps for underwater structure are available. One is available from "Structure Graphics" out of Valley Park, Missouri. A better one is the Corps of Engineers' aerial topo maps. Contact Army Corps of Engineers. Regarding brush piles, if you find one like that, I want one too.

3. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I downloaded a more detailed map from Lowrance's website. The have "free enhanced lake maps" with Truman being one of the lakes. I though I had to have their MapCreate software to make it work, but all I had to do was load in on the SD card from the PC and then upload it to my GPS. When I moved my cursor over Truman Lake, I had remarkable detail with depth contours and everything. It just lays the new detail over your base map. And free seemed like a pretty good price.

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    To expand the last post a bit Lowrance offfers FREE enhanced lake maps for many lakes across the country.All you have to do is download to an MMC/SD card and plug & play.(Jeez I love it when I talk technical).They also offer free software upgrades for all their finders.They take suggestions from you the user and incorporate them if they think they are valid, into upgrades they make available for free.Same procedure download to MMC/SD card and P&P on your machine.NO I'm not a Lowrance dealer or salesman,just a happy customer.

5. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Got it. Haven't been on lately. Too busy.