better late than never, Moultrie 17-19 Jan

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BrianD, Jan 23, 2009.

1. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    First I appreciate the tips to find bait last fri. it didn't work out so we took a ride up to Hills to get some. We drifted Sat and Sun from about 8 in the morn until 4 or so in the afternoon and for about three hours mon. morning. All told we caught 23 fish drifting in 45-55 feet. There was no action at all when we drifted any shallower than that. The water was about 47 degrees I guess and we fished cut shad the whole time. We put 23 on the boat i was on but we didn't get any size. Our biggest fish was 15 lbs. We had lots of action and it kept us busy. No explanation for not getting any big ones, just in the wrong spots I guess. That wasn't horrible though because my freezer was empty and I was in need of some eaters. We drifted out in front of Short Stay from MM #'s 2-7. Had a good time and it we stayed half way warm believe it or not. Tennesee Blues was with me and Cajunkicker from the BOC here. Thanks again for the tips and help..................Brian

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congats on a great day. 23 is a good haul and aint nothing better than sharing a good fishing with freinds.

3. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Big fish or not 23 fish in one day makes it a good day in my book

4. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Sounds like y'all done good there, brother. 23's nothing to be ashamed of! That's a fine mess of fish!

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Brian sounds like a good day too me.

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Brian it looks like ya'll did ok! I would consider that haul a good weekend trip. Come back soon, the biguns are still there!:wink:

7. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    thanks for the report, sounds like fun