Better gas mileage?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by coltsfan, May 19, 2008.

1. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED THE TORNADO AIR THING?YOU INSTALL IT IN YOUR AIR INTAKE HOSE AND IS SUPPOSE TO GIVE YOU BETTER AIR FLOW WHICH IN TURN GIVES YOU BETTER GAS MILIAGE.JUST WONDERING IF THIS IS A HOAX OR DOES IT WORK?

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Never heard of it, sounds like a gimmick. With gas prices so high I'm sure there are a lot of scammers out there.

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    only a colts fan would bite on a gimmick like that:wink::smile2:

4. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    I HAVNT BIT YET PHIL.THAT'S WHY I'M ASKING.I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.MY TRUCK ONLY GETS 13 MPG

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've seen those advertised. I tend to think they are just a gimmic. I base this my 25+ years of racing and engine experience. They claim you just pop it into the intake duct and WooHoo, new found performance and gas mileage. Sorry, it just dont work that way. By the time the swirling air goes through the throttle body, into the intake plenum, down the intake runners where the fuel is sprayed by the injectors, and through the intake valve into the combustion chamber, there would be no effect, in fact I would be very surprised if whatever air that was swirling from this gizmo would still be swirling by the time it got through the throttle body and hit the intake plenum. The whole concept is to help mix and atomize the intake air/fuel charge. If this gizmo was to work in theory at all it would probably only be helpful on a carburated or a throttlebody injected engine where the fuel is atomized before going through the roller coaster intake system. Carburated and throttlebody injection is pretty much a dead horse in this day and age. Just my opinion on what I know.

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    MAYBE YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF BUYING SOME OCEAN FRONT PROPITEY IN AZ.:wink: JONNY U'S DAD SAID IN A INTER VIEW ONETIME SAID HE SPENT ALL HIS MONEY SENDING HIS SON TO SCHOOL AND ALL HE GOT BACK WAS A QUARTERBACK OUT OF IT Ha Ha:big_smile:

7. riverlover

riverlover New Member

State:
    Missouri
    keven, riverlover here i work for BG products its is a petroleum company that dominate the dealership and independent shops at least in my area. we specialize in maintenance. you will have to go to a shop to get the air induction done but it works and its the ONLY thing outthere that does work. to find a shop that offers it just go to www,bgfindashop.com and it will point you the way and it should have a video demo about the air induction. write me if you have any questions the tornado is a gimmick.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    dont waste money.

keep tailgates up tires inflated oil changed on reg basis. instead of a gimmick change the air filter. keep foot out of gas. 55-60 you get far better gasmilage that at 70-80.

13 miles per gallon. do what i did. quit driving it,lol. i have a 95 f-150 that got about 12-14 mpg thats now sitting with expired liscense. and thats where it will stay.

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama

No kidding... my diesel been broke fo a while, flexplate cracked, but haven't fixed it yet. Just was in no rush with the price of fuel. Also got a 81 Bronco with a 460 in it, gotta finish putting the top of that motor back together with some new parts I got...again no hurry. But I gotta fix one soon, haven't been able to tow the boat. I think the tornado is a gimmick also, only tornado that would help either of my trucks is one that would pick them up and blow them away....:wink::smile2:

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Do the K&N filters work? They are supposed to do the same thing.

11. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana

Some of us have to use the pickup, so we just cuss. lol I filled 2 6 gallon gas cans yesterday and had 52 something in them. One went in a tractor, some will be chain saw gas and some lawnmower gas. GRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Tornado's a gimmick. But those magnets you put on your fuel line, on the other hand, are the real deal:smile2:

If it were as simple as the tornado, magnets on the fuel line, or some of the other stuff I've seen on late-night tv infomercials Detroit wouldn't scream every time congress wants to raise fuel economy standards:wink:

13. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    If you think a pickup is bad for filling up. Try my tractor. It has a 160 gallon diesel tank and diesel is over 4 a gallon. Semis are worse.

One of these days the poloticians are going to have to stop hugging the envirnmentalist and start drilling for oil. When the Dems blocked drilling for more oil the price started to sky rocket. JMHO.

On the tornado. I am sure it is a gimmick. Besides anything that disrupts the air flow will only slow it down. Wouldnt that go against any value that it is supposed to have. JMHO

Drive 55 mph helps the most. If you dont have to drive that vehicle get one with better milage. If you need the pick up for work call your congressman and tell them to drill for oil .

14. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    The Tornado is a wonderful invention and will dramatically improve your gas mileage.
    I just happen to have some for sale. Only $29.95 plus S+H
    BUT WAIT
    If you call now I will double your order. Just pay additional shipping:wink:
    ...W

15. riverlover

riverlover New Member

State:
    Missouri
    youguys can say whatever but the only thing that works is the bg air induction cleaning fill free it look it up at www.bgfindashop.com i know im new at this sight but trust me and look it up. i have some also possesion but only professionals can use it. sorry about that but thats why it works. k&n filters are nice but they cost and you have to keep them oiled and cleaned but the people i know likes them.

16. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    if my truck is newer, will this bg air induction help that much. truck is a 05 with 27,000 miles?how much does this cost roughly?thanks for your help and not trying to be a comedian like other certain people !

17. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    when i bought my 07 siverado i asked the dealership about them. the mechanic said they won't put them on. he said he has been told they help gas mileage by some people. on the other hand he said he has had several people come in and ask to have the k&n removed. my son-in-law has one on his 07 titan. it sure makes that motor sound sweet. but the gas mileage on that truck is plain brutal anyway, don't know if they help or not.