Bethany Reservoir

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Deltalover, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I spent Fathers Day, fishing with my 87 year old dad! It has been really hot, a hundred yesterday and today! From where I live, Bethany is the nearest (7miles) place to go to beat the heat. Its near all the wind farms on the altamont and the wind is always blowing there! I heard of some nice stripers being caught last week on sardines there, so gave it a try at the mouth of the canal. Caught lots of shakers and hooked into one that had my seeker rod doubled over, but what ever it was hung me up on the bottom. Tried to finesse it loose for about 20 mins, but no luck. I then tried some night crawlers in the resourvour side and caught small black bass, utill I got tired of it. Dad caught a nice eater size channel on a clam and I caught a couple on "Wicked Sticky" at about 3 pounds. Then the wind really picked up, so we headed home for a nice bar-b-q! Was a great day with my Dad!

Attached Files:

2. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    What a great way to spend faehers day!And good job on the catches.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Phil,
    That's maybe another place for us to check-out (think about it:roll_eyes: ). It's between you & me.

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    With the heat going off the chart, upwards of 112, I think Bethany is an excelent choice! I have been up there many times when it's 104 in town and I needed a jacket and long pants! They got toliets, picnic tables, coverd awnings and lots of trees and it's clean!. There is also a launch ramp!:big_smile: To bad it's day use only!