Bethany Catfish lake (clover)

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dumpyloser, Jul 20, 2008.

1. dumpyloser

dumpyloser New Member

State:
    South/North Carolina
    I don't know how many of you guys like the idea of fishing a pay lake, but we had a good time up there the other day. we went with the intention of spending 13 to fish the tournament, but it ended up being 45 (we misread the brochure). we payed anyways because of the drive to clover from gaffney in a v8 (woulda been a shame to waste that gas). we ended up catching 3 cats and 2 carp. the only thing caught all night were small to medium size. we caught 6.9 4.9 and 2.2 lbs and the 6.9 was leading the overall biggest until 40 minutes until the 8 hour tourney was over (someone caught an 11.2) anyways, we won a little over half of our money back and if was a good time. there are fish in the lake that have been caught in excess of 60 pounds so it is worth paying a little money to have a good chance at a fightin 60 pounder. The people there were incredibly nice to us (even the competition) and everyone was friendly in general. I loved the atmosphere and hope I can cut enough grass this week to afford to go back this friday night. They fish friday and sat. night from 6pm -2 am but they draw spots at 5:30. Friday they payed 25 to the first fish caught, 3 dollars per head for the biggest every hour and 5 dollars per head for the biggest fish. they had 5 or 6 jugs worth 200 each. If anyone has been there they can probably vouch for how nice the people are and I would love to hear some advice/stories from your experience. previous to 2 yeras ago it was a carp lake until they figured out that real men like cats!

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Glad that you had a good time Ryan, and I hope that you mow a bunch a lawns this week so that you can go back. I've never fished a paylake, but without a doubt it costs a few bucks to go fishin' anywhere :smile2:

3. dumpyloser

dumpyloser New Member

State:
    South/North Carolina
    going back tomorrow night. hope to catch the big ones! I'll be a happy camper if i leave with my money still in my pocket :)