Best & Worst

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by crappieguy, Jul 9, 2007.

1. crappieguy

crappieguy New Member

State:
    Manitoba , Canada
    It was the best of days..It was the worst of days.. I think I read that some where.
    Anyhow, wife and I went out on Lake Winnipeg, at a spot where we've fished for about 35 years on shore..made all the new bait I've been reading about. Fished for 6.5 hours. Not one bit. Then as I started packing our vehicle to head home ( ~7:15PM), she hollered to bring the net, she had something big on, (two weeks ago she caught a 10 LB sturgeon). I got the net and she landed a 26 LB kittie cat.. That was the only bite for either of us all day. We then decided to stay ontil 10PM....No other bites...how do you figure?
    Anyhow , it was a great day in the sun and we had fun with that one fish.
    Caught it on a size 4/0 gamagatsu circle hook. loaded with a medium tiger shrimp and wrapped with worms.

2. MBcatmaster

MBcatmaster New Member

State:
    Manitoba, Canada
    That's great! There are big cats in L.Winnipeg, but they're few and far between. So to catch one is really awsome.:smile2:

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Reg - Well at least if your only going to catch one fish all day a 26# is a real nice one!:big_smile:

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Reg i'd rathered catch one than none lol and a 26# is great!!!!