Best Weather for Big Catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by eric2006, Aug 25, 2009.

1. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    when is the best time for the larger flatties and blues to start hitting?? Trying to break the 30lb mark on the flatties and still looking for my first blue cat ever...lol

2. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Pretty much right now.

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The blues will be doing real good in november-december, flatties are hittin' right now.:wink:

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

You missed out on the pre-spawn bite.Now til the end of the seasons your next best shot.Your best shot at a big one is to be out there hitting them every chance you get!:wink:

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Large flatties is pretty much entire spring thru Fall season. The more you go, the better chance you will have. Blue cats - fall thru winter are the better months.

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Blues for me is winter time. Flats for me is arpil or may. Good luck

7. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    For flatheads my experience has been that the best weather is the front end of a rainstorm. The best season is late summer early fall. Can't add any wisdom about blues.

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I like it when the weather is unstable....good chance of storms......doesn't have to be storming, but just the unstable weather patterns that are usually associated with low pressure..........clear blue bird days that come with high pressure usually leads to slow fishing. There's so many variables when it comes to fishing that you can't control.......go when you can is the best time!

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
  10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I'm stuck on the bank and the best oppurtunity for the bank fisher is in high water the cats will expand their terratory looking for food.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You can't go wrong fishing after a big rain when the river is high!

12. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    1 or 2 days and during the front moven in fish go nuts on a feed 90% of the time. Also after the front if it rained alot, a slow stready rise will put em the feed good or any creek mouth where water is dumpen in good will draw em. Seems the worst fishen is right when a high pressure front moves in and ya get 3 to 5 days of bluebird skys even if the river is commen up. They will still bite but its slow.