best way to catch bass with shad

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by the bass assassian, Jun 24, 2009.

1. the bass assassian

the bass assassian New Member

State:
    sc
    now ussally i am a hardcore nothing but lures kinda guy but every once in awhile i use some live shad left over from my catfishing trips to catch a couple bass what i do is sight fish the bass and once i see one or 2 i cast a shad to them this ussally works but are there any other ways i could do this without haveing to sight the bass frist?:confused2: thanks for all the help guys!:wink:

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    i watched bill dance fish big lakes with huge shiners under water balloons, he just blew up the balloons about 6 inches across and put it on his line like a bobber, and done this, he caught a few in the 10Lb range. Im assuming that it takes away the splash that a bobber makes, and makes it a little harder for the bait to take it under, and helps set the hook on the fish when it goes under. Welcome to the family brother.

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yep, just fish it on a float rig. Best bit of advice I can give ya. Other than that maybe a carolina rig but you don't really wanna free line them b/c they will almost certainly find something to hang you in:smile2:

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Float rig here as well, I like to throw it by cover and horse em out before they wrap ya.

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yeah thats what i would suggest. you can also use a cigar float. sometimes the splash dow will attract the bass. just like a popper or chug bug does.

6. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    I fish with the left overs from catfishing and i just hook them through the tail and cast out to the bank and twitch it like artificial i have caught as many as 10 bass in five minutes this way