best turkey season

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by derail, Aug 25, 2008.

1. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    As a newcomer to the sport, I haven't been after the gobblers long enough to really form an educated opinion. I just love to get out there, period. I'll have to defer to the veterans of this site. What time of year is your favorite for hunting these feathered flyers?

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    the "KING OF SPRING" for me hearing Gobbles , see'em strutt'n , flying off the roost being out there with my boys or a friend just too many things for me . fall is good also just gett'n out of the house for the day is all ood with me .
    this pic is from this yr , me and a friend .

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      51.6 KB
      Views:

3. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    The springs months of March, April, and May are not only the best times of the year to hunt gobblers in Northwest Ga. but they are the only legal time of the year to hunt them. I love the gobbling, drummin and struttin of spring.
    Over the years I have walked literally hundreds of miles and sat hundreds of hours in pursuit of the mighty Eastern Gobbler. I started turkey hunting looonnngggg before it became so popular. 35 years ago there were fewer turkeys to hunt and hardly any other hunter competition. Unlike today there were no specialized turkey shotguns, realistic decoys, and only a very small selection of calls on the market. Those were the good ole days....lots of hunting and not a lot of killing. But when we did kill one it was the talk of the town.....:big_smile:

4. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    spring for me there is nothing like hittin the ol call and when they call back you feel like you are surrounded yeehaa that is livin

5. southernfire97

southernfire97 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Well we are big into chasin toms down here in south ms. my Lt. at work makes some of the finest calls I've ever used. don't know how the birds are where yall are from but they get chased hard down here and get henned up pretty quick down here. magnoliacalls.com if yall want to check his site out.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cant beat a springtime gobbler hunt,Just nothing quite like it.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    You don't want my opinion then, Good luck and I hope you have the best season ever