Best times getting skunked!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by pr1mo5, Nov 22, 2009.

1. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Now I know I might catch some crap on this but I have to see a new thread started!
    What is the best time out on the lake/river/canal you have had and ended up getting skunked but still went home happy? I know everyone is going to say I always have fun I am always in a good mood when I go fishing but what is the best time out there you have had???

2. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Mine would have to be the night me and the wife headed to the upper salt river and stopped at kilmers bait and tackle up there and picked up some 15" waterdogs we got out to the river really late around 10pm. At about 11 my wife said "Something is trying to take my pole out of my hands" I told her to pull up and she ended up fighting the fish for like 15 min and it was a 15lb channel cat! She was so happy.. I didnt get a bite or nothing that night but it was an awesome trip and I got to see my wife happy as can be!

3. flathead-40

flathead-40 New Member

State:
    arizona
    I can not remember a real bad time but one time my wife andI went to bartlett fished all night caught one channel and one flathead. next morning we motered upriver and took in all the sights. around 10 or 11 we decided it was time to go and started downriver. Got to the main lake and opened her up. My wife yelled"stop deer". I yanked back on the throttle and sent her flying! Got going again and low and behold we ran out of gas about yellow cliffs.(boat holds 50 gals) That was a big aaah! shit! While we we trying to figure out what to do, the mule tape came loose from the boat and we lost both fish. Talking about adding insult to injury! we did finally get towed in by "Brown Sugar". Thanks again,Fred & Laurie

4. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    I just walked by my poles and smiled!:big_smile:

5. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    to be honest some of my best trips i haven't even gotten a bit... is all about the company and the Bull$#!T they have to offer.

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    a few yrs ago, met the new camp host for that yr at squaw lake by yuma. they had a 15 ft alluminum boat, but was afraid to go out of lake into river. had heard about all the sand bars and how bad river can be. i took them out in my boat, showed them around. they caught both bass and stripers while all i could do was be net boy that day. had a ball though. made some lifetime friends, helped them see the river could be fished.
    gary