Best time to bow hunt

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by jeffw51, Sep 27, 2007.

1. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    guys ,if i give you one week to bow hunt what is your favorite time to bow hunt. for me give me oct 31 thru nov 7th anytime and any thing can happen!

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    My favorite time is @ the second week of October. I don't know that the hunting is necessarily better, but it sure is a lot more comfortable than it is now.

3. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    It depends on what part of the country I am hunting. Prime rut time is when I want to be in the field for that week. Whether it is the middle of October or the end of January it does not matter as long as it is rut time.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Id say the week or 2 prior to the rut. the bucks are wired up waiting for the does to pop. covering as much ground as possible in search for the first doe in heat. & they get arnery at this time.

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Jeff, when I used to hunt in Kansas, the 2nd and 3rd week of November were the peak times for me. In Missouri, the three weeks before firearms season is about the best time to be out there.

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    here where i am at the best time to be out there is the morning or day after the first real good killing frost that covers everything. bucks will appear out of nowhere searchin the fresh scent. somewhere near an apple tree is the best bet cause the does where probly there eating apples. come morning in comes mr. buck :cool2:

7. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Around here late october early november

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    weatherwise, it doesn't get cool here till the end of october, but i prefer anytime for bowhunting. our rut doesn't start till the end of nov, begining of dec, which is gun season. i hunt spot and stalk so i try to find bedded deer and sneak up on them, so the middle of the day in the early bow season is best for me.

9. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    here in Ohio the first week of Nevember is usually primetime...........I take that week off school every year.......they never really rutted hard last year though

10. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Around here, the ruts usually on in the middle of november. coincidently so is gun season. so i take a week or so off work right before gun season and a few days right after. i hunt a place that does'nt allow gun hunting. bordering a wildlife refuge, and all around it is gun clubs, and state park that has incredible pressure. i see more non resident bucks at this time than any other. i usually find lot of them end up face down in a creek, dead from poorly placed shotgun slugs. gun hunters are a "different breed" around here...

11. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If I could only hunt 1 day a year it would be Halloween!!

12. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I really like the second week of November here in Texas. The big bucks don't come out till 9-11am. Most of the bowhunters down here leave around that time. I try to stay all day. I read an article that stated most big bucks are shot between 2-4 in the afternoon. Most hunters have already left for lunch or are on their way back and the deer seem to know it. They can show up anytime. I carry a hand held video game to help pass the time.

13. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    Around here, the ruts usually on in the middle of november. coincidently so is gun season. so i take a week or so off work right before gun season and a few days right after. i hunt a place that does'nt allow gun hunting. bordering a wildlife refuge, and all around it is gun clubs, and state park that has incredible pressure. i see more non resident bucks at this time than any other. i usually find lot of them end up face down in a creek, dead from poorly placed shotgun slugs. gun hunters are a "different breed" around here...

watch out there psychomekanic