Best tactics to fish for flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by fisherman94580, Jul 31, 2007.

1. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    What are the best times, day or night this time of year. And To fish on bottom or slip float?

2. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I'd have to say night would be best right now. Try a rig on bottom and float another. Let the cats tell you what they want.:big_smile:

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    It completely depends on the body of water, the depth, cover, baits, and most of all personal preference. A lot of guys fish with floats and such, but I prefer to fish on the bottom basically all the time and fish at night. However, there are a ton of guys who catch fish using different rigs and even catch a ton of fish during the day. It's pretty much all up to you and how you like to fish and adapting that to the body of water you're fishing. No one way is right, you just have to fish and find out what's right for your particular situation. One thing I would recommend is only fishing with fresh live/cut bait caught from the body of water you're fishing and trying to be near some sort of cover, whether deep or shallow. Also use current to you're advantage anywhere you fish, lake or river. Good luck, rip some lips!

4. rafter

rafter New Member

State:
    AZ
    I've had best luck early morning with dusk being pretty good too.