Best spot on lake Waco?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by renji2476, May 5, 2008.

1. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Hey Guys,
    Just wondering if any one knows of a good spot to go catfishing (from the bank) at lake Waco? I have been to Airport Park as well as camped there as well but since I am still relatively new to this area can anyone give me a heads up on some good spots?

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    airport park is good but not this time of year. It gets too deep to fast.
    Try airport beach and fish to the south of the swiming area.

3. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Are there any other places that you would recommend? I don't have my boat registered yet so I need some where that I can bank fish from, any suggestions?

4. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Alot of people bank fish at Kohene Park ( off of Lake Shore Drive where the road goes by the lake) There is a $4 day use/ boat launch fee, but you can buy a yearly pass for $30 at the main gate, and you can use it at all the Army Corp. Parks!! They fish to the right of the boat ramp all along the Gravel Bank area, and they are working on a new Fishing pier in front of the Picnic tables! They have been working on it for a LONG TIME though!!, but there is a off shore hump out in front of the pier about 30+ yards we found the other day while trolling around that area in the boat!

Also people fish off of the service road on HWY 6 going toward Spiegelville(SP?) Go over the bridges and get on the service road, and I think you can go 2 way there, if not go down and loop around and there is a parking area on the right just before the road turns back under the over pass. You will be heading back toward Waco side of the road. There is DEEP water around that point, and we have caught a few nice cats there.

And the last place I know is in Woodway Parks. To get there you will go down Estates off of HWY 84. ( take RIGHT off of the Hewitt Dr/ Estates Exit at the light. Estates goes to the RIGHT and Hewitt Dr. goes LEFT) Follow Estates past the Woodway Elemn. School all the way till it dead ends on BOSQUE. Go LEFT and follow the road till you run into the lake!:smile2: There are 3 different parks in this are, but we usually fish the one that dead ends at the water. I think it is Park III !? Park in the Parking lot and try to get a spot in the middle of the Park area. That is where we have caught the most fish.

Anyway hope this helps, and if you need any more instructions on how to get to these places just holler and I will try to explain better!! :eek:oooh::smile2:

Good Luck and Welcome to the BEST CATFISH SITE PERIOD!!!
    Andy

5. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Thanks for the advice I will definetely try to find that parks out there in Hewitt.... Maybe I will catch me some big ones!!!!:big_smile: